Re: Pimp My Pixels

Wow, ANOTHER multi-touch screen where you can pan/zoom/rotate a box with two "mice." YAWN.
Fortunately once these things get out there other people will figure out something useful to do with them.
Agree with Kris re: fingerprints and proximity. That guy's display was nicely legible... to me. It must have sucked for him.
Now, my mom can play on the computer all day. If she had to flap her arms around like that to do it she'd have to go lie down after about fifteen minutes.
Now, I admit that I got pretty bored before even half way through so I stopped watching. It looked like they threw up some "cool 3d UI" thing. Sorry, PARC did those experiments thirty years ago. Bad idea. Moved on. Every now and then somebody resurects them for a thesis or (worse) actual product. They fail. Bad idea. Shoulda moved on. Having two hands to fiddle with it ain't gonna help.
Related, I'm keen to try out one of 3dconnexion's devices. The original Spaceball was pretty cool the one time I got to use it. Was at a demo with a guy using a 3dc puck to work 3ds max. Looked slick. Should be a hella boon with something like Mudbox.
www.doorloadingservices.co.uk
On Jun 8, 5:39pm, "><\\)\\)\\)'> Orange Peel <'\\(\\(\\(><"

Because the whole "start a new thread button" thing is so pass.