Re: Gehry... question (is he really a genious)

Lady Chatterly wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ausi.com:

I read this article - wouldn't a decent 3D model/simulation with a good facsimile of sunlight have revealed at least some of these problems? There is a program available (found the link via a posting in alt.architecture) that, from what I can see at

, calculates the sun position for different latitudes at different seasons. It'd be good even for non-architectural 3D work. Only drawback is that I don't see that it tells you the light color for the different angles, so that has to be worked out on one's own I suppose (although a lot of people still seem to forget about the change in light color and intensity with different sun angles, tho' that's a different topic).

I also found this article

discusses what the authors call the "solar rights envelope", as it relates to the urban environment. I didn't see a specific reference to using a computer program - IOW, it seems to discuss a process done "by hand" so to speak.

Obtaining Solar Radiation Data:

At any rate, the point to all this is, that the glare problem seems (to my lay-person's mind) to be something that ought to have been forseen by somebody.....

OK, back to lurking!

- K.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Kris Krieger wrote in news:Tub1f.3936$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

*Sorry for the crosspost*, this was in answer to something in another group and, since I rarely do that and since crossposts only seem to happen occasionally, I'm not in the habit of checking and forgot to do so...

- K.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

could you direct me to the original thread? i'd like to take a look at it.

thanks.

--H.S.

Reply to
Danny Elfasmo

Danny Elfasmo wrote in news:1128701281.1c4dae84d29cec0c36061271ac3320b0@teranews:

It was in alt.building.archetecture, same title as the above subject.

HTH

Reply to
Kris Krieger