Re: An adjacent rezoning to our property problem.

Let me know if I'm clear on this.

> Our lot abuts the proposal for 400' (it's the only lot that does, > (West boundary, at the South, on Firwood Rd.) > They intend to abut 4 backyards against our 400' lot line. > > I'm hoping to get some input from experienced pro's on this, it's > new to us. > Here's the proposal, > >
> Don Wrote to us, > ++++++++++++++++++ > "I read much of that document and most of it seemed pretty cut and > dried, but keep in mind the laws may be different there than they are > here. > Here, as a rule of thumb, the proposal must be agreed upon by all > residence within 300' or so of the proposed project. > > What is your objection to the project? > > Something that caught my eye instantly was the sentence early on in > the document that the proposed residential community would have > *minimal* impact on the community. > Then they reinforced that comment by explaining in detail their waste > water treatment facilities and their supply water potential. > Even a cursory review will show that the community is impacted by much > more than those 2 things. > The impact on the eventual build-out of a 34 lot subdivision is huge > and right off the top is the traffic wear and tear on the roads not to > mention the police and fire depts. > > As a very minimal, if the thing is to go through, I would require that > no more than 3 of the properties to have any upgrades at all at the > same time, this will lessen the impact of the construction phase to > the surrounding area. I would also add considerable interest to the > containment of ALL negative aspects of the construction phase, > especially noise control and litter / construction debris. Further, > consider holding the developer responsible for all damage to the > infrastructure and surrounding area as well. > Don" > ------------------------------- > > A number of factors will negatively impact on our property. > > 1) We are amateur astronomers, a subdivision to the west will ruin > that with subdivision bright lighting in our Eastern view. > > 2) We use bird listening devices (EAR's) that are best with a quiet > neighborhood, which we currently have.http://www.trak4.com/earco/index.ht=ml > (We design, build, develope, test sell EAR's.). > > 3) We nude sunbathe on our East porch. > > 4) All of the above reduce our property values, however we're > seeing if we can compromise in some way. > > Thanks for your input guys > Ken

Can you lobby for a buffer at the perimeter of the new development? T

Reply to
tbasc

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:74fc856d-c153-4c39- snipped-for-privacy@y12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

Hmmm .... "Smartplans" eh ... I dunno why people keep prefacing everything with "Smart". Usually turns out to be an abreviation of "smartarse", Tempting Providence etc. Here in Queensland we have a choice of licence plate one-liners: "Sunshine State" or "Smart State". 90% seem to go for the former, because at least its true :-)

Around here (significant growth area) there has been a reduction in development activity do to the global financial crisis. Downturns always seem to bring out the wackos ...

Good point.

The only public service that ever seems to work better the more people using it is reticulated sewerage - always provided that there's a treatment plant at the end with plenty of capacity. Nothing like that inthis proposal.

Any "sustainable communities" measures in place? Eg how far to hospitals, schools etc, any designated development fronts, priority infrastructure planning, premium, full-cost charging for out-of-sequence development? Any evidence of need? Would these be rural lots with a genuine productive potential or large homesites for privileged commuters? Do emergency and other community services have input or veto?

If they could be held to that, the project would probably not be viable. The objective is likely to be "get in, do the job and get out quick".

It all burnt off once - so is there future bushfire potential? Is the land regenerating?

Anything like EIA (environmental impact assessment) requirements ? If so, hammer it on environmental protection grounds.

Thing is, it could have the opposite effect :-(

Reply to
troppo