Plaza in Peru may be the America's oldest urban site

The circular structure at the ruins of Sechin Bajo is about 5,500 years old, archaeologists report. http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/scimedemail/la-fg-peru26feb26,0,6450418.story
(I'm thinking the dimensions are an American typo, confusing feet and meters.)
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/scimedemail/la-fg-peru26feb26,0,6450418.story
"Upon further review" maybe this plaza was fairly small, guessing the radius by looking at the photo...

I wondered about tha, but it's impossible to say without further info/photos, because the photographer might have been focusing upon the interesting detail, rather than upon the overall area. Maybe a search will uncover some additional photos/info, hang on, here we go:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22+Sechin+Bajo+%22
I opened http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid 552
So it seems, from a cursory glance at least, that the article's author did, in fact, screw up in using "feet" as the unit of measure.

Interesting!
Not surprising, since the writer didn't even know that the plural of millenium is 'millenia', not 'milleniums' =:-/
((And then we wonder why the rest of the world thinks we're all idiots...))