outlet gang box height

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the standard height from ground to box outlet gang box. I was told 18" center of box, but that looks a little high. Also could you tell me the standard height for the switch gang box? Or would this depend on state to state code?

Thanks,

Mark Remove "NOSPAM" out of email address when replying directly

Reply to
Mark M (NJTermite)

I've seen about 16" to the center of the box...it's usually based on the distance of the electricians hammer from the floor the the handle when placed upside down.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Don and 3D Peruna,

Thanks for the reply!

Question Don, I have always wondered what are the requirements for footings in FL since you guys don't have to deal with the ground freezing.

Mark

Reply to
Mark M (NJTermite)

Come design a building on Miami Beach. We have sever houses both new and additions going on. We have pile depths from 15' to 35' deep depending on the actual conditions. We often find 5' layers of organic matter (peat or muck) starting at 5' to 10' below the surface. Costs of excavation, removal and added fill will often cost more in money and time to simply install auger cast piles. It's bizaar when we add on to an existing "stable" house on spread footings, but the new soils report says that piles are required. A geoticnical report is required for all projects. Auger cast piles range at $500 a pop, helical and pins are about $750 and hold much less.

Reply to
bk