Need more Book Suggestions for my Bibliography

All,

Could someone please help me here with a few book suggestions for my bibliography in the 2nd as well as what to put in for the 5th paper

Cumulative Bibliography

People and Space (1st) Hall, Edward The Hidden Dimension New York, NY Prentice Hall 1969 Sommer, Robert Personal Space: The behavior basis of design Garden City, NY Anchor Books 1982 Ellin, Nan Architecture of Fear New York, NY Princeton Architectural Press, 1997 Zeisel, John Inquiry by Design New York, NY W.W. Norton Company, 2005

History of Architecture (2nd) Stokstad, Marilyn Art History New York, NY Harry N. Abrams, Inc. 1995 * History of Architecture Styles (I would like a better book ) ?????????? * America by Design (I would like a better book )????????? Allen, William C. History of the United States Capitol Washington, D.C. U.S. Government Printing Office 2001

Physical Security - Applied (3rd)

Nadel, Barbara A. Building Security Handbook: A Handbook For Architectural Planning and Design New York, NY McGraw Hill 2000 Fennely, Lawrence J.Effective Physical Security Burlington, MA Butterworth-Heinemann 2004 Demkin, Joseph A. Security - Planning and Design Hoboken, NJ John Wiley & Sons, Inc.2004 Leonard J. Hopper, Martha J. Droge Security and Site Design Hoboken, NJ John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2005

Physical Security - Theory (4th) Crowe, Timothy D. Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Burlington, MA Butterworth-Heinemann 2000 Colquhoun, Ian Design Out Crime; Creating Safe and Sustainable Communities Oxford, U.K. Architectural Press 2004 Newman, Oscar Creating Defensible Space Washington, D.C. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development 1996 (Need another title here, unsure what right now)

????????????????????? (5th)

Reply to
Saab Guy

Don,

Thanks for the help, but as we know "google" can never take the place of an intelligent human well versed, educated and experienced in the world of architecture.

I am saddened that you believe that computer can and should "replace" any and all of the potential educated humans that could contribute and help others on this list, especially when they mean no harm and are looking for specific architecture related information.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

intelligent human well versed, educated and experienced in the world of architecture.

Where do you think the information that Google searches comes from? It's not replacing anything. It's giving you another tool. I couldn't begin to count the number of times that someone has asked me to search for something when they've drawn a blank searching the net. You think I go to the library or pick up a phone? Nope. Most people use limited or faulty search terms.

all of the potential educated humans that could contribute and help others on this list, especially when they mean no harm and are looking for specific architecture related information.

Interesting what you read into Don's post. I read it more as, "Thanks, but you can do your own research, book report, curriculum design."

Google whatever term you want, search current news, email/phone the company/person mentioned in the article and ask them your question. You'll already know that they're an expert in the field and most likely they keep up with the literature.

Search a university's online database, one with an architecture department.

If you're searching architecture in the original sense of the word, and not computer architecture, the word physical adds nothing to your search and most likely is hurting it. So search without physical and do a NOT computer. Their are a lot of terms that are identical between the computer and architecture worlds so you'll have to be a little creative in tweaking your searches.

There are also other searches within Google. It's not just "search all of the web", please. Try google.com/unclesam for US government searches. It's probably all you'll need.

You tacked this same question on to a totally unrelated thread in alt.building.construction. Start a new thread over there and use a better descriptor than physical.

RicodJour

I'm curious about the premise that there's some sort of meaningful compare/contrast between the US and Scandinavia.

Guessing: the topic is one for primary not tertiary research.

Reply to
gruhn