London or 'butterfly' roof

Anybody have any idea on when this form first appeared? (used very widely in c19th terraced houses in London - inverted duo pitch roof with central gutter generally hidden behind a front parapet wall). I'm guessing it's late 18th century...
Ah, Butterfly roofs, the architecture style that lasts about as long as it's namesake. That is until some bright young designer discovers a new 2 stage design process.
Stage 1. Oh look! A new way to do roofs with a central box gutter. Arent I clever, no-one has ever thought of this. Fame will follow.
Stage 2. Water isnt supposed to do that. What do you mean overflow? How did that plastic shopping bag / newspaper / birds nest / hail / snow / etc get there? Lawyers follow.
A few years later......
At a guess the time period would be correct. Industrial revolution > pack em in closer to the workplace > modest spans > shared rising damp

Yep about right. ;-) Cheers Bill