FBC question

Would Type IV construction Unprotected include the following description: Two story single family house Masonry walls, concrete floors and wood roof framing
Or is considered a mix of two?
bk wrote:

Construction type is based on what the 'allowed' construction for given building depending on its proximity to other buildings, its occupancy and use. This sometimes has nothing to do with how a building is actually built.
That said, in FBC- Residential Code 2004, single family homes are construction VB, though there is a limit to number of stories, which I don't recall if it's 2 or 3 (and I don't have the code books with me).
Marcello

Did I miss something in chapter six that references Type VB?
bk wrote:

Table 503 of the Florida Building Code 2004, not the residentical code.
Marcello
Since 10/1 FBC doesn't apply to singlefamily homes 3 stories or less.

brudgers wrote:

It depends on the use of the home as well. If a single family home is used as a daycare with occupancy above 5, it falls under FBC. There are other use situations for a single family home that would force it to comply with FBC rather than FRC.
The house were working on sits on a 22,300 sf lot and is about 8000sf. I haven't spoken to the plans reviewer yet, but the expeditor is insisting that FBC somehow applies even when less than 3 stories. Current zoning is being modified here to limit single family to 2 floors.

Before begining any addition or new building in Miami Beach we require a survey with topographic data and a soils report with foundation recommendations. We're doing an addition right now where the existing 1936 house in on 10x24" footings. The soils report shows organics 5' down and recommends piles. The reports usually give depths for 12 and 14" piles, along with data for pils and helicals. Then we have to have 3 copies of the special inspector forms from the geotechnical engineer. Even though the pile installers provide the forms with their permit. But we don't get our permit unless we say the geotech wil do the inspection. Where's the logic there?