architectural home plans for sale

please contact me for more information. I would be more than happy to help you on a journey in architecture.
email : snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Don wrote:

Cost per plan vary. Existing stock plans go for 25 cents a square foot of living area. New custom plans go for 45 cents a square foot covered area.
orange tree wrote:

You have got to be kidding...
You'll do plans for .45 sq. ft. on a new plan that meets local codes? I can send you the floor plan and elevation and you'll finish it?
3D Peruna wrote:

Which begs the question , what is local? New York , San Diego Ca.,
Im in San Antonio, Tx. and yes i can get you a permit for a set architectural plans. Which usually would then be submitted by a Professional developer to the city. This developer would pay for any other services required , engineering the foundation (slab on grade in Texas) etc.. However, i could produce a city spec foundation for an added fee, and also a minor fee to submit plan to city.
Don wrote:

In this part of the country we do not have to engineer structure for hurricanes. It is inexpensive. I understand some parts of the country plans sell for even less and of course in other parts for much more. I a fair rate would be a dollar a square foot. But the price i quoted is in line with the market in this area. For that amount you get a dimensioned floor plan, with electrical (sheet 1),elevations (sht 2), roof plan, cabinets elevations, wall section.
Don if you are serious about working together email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and I'll send you a set of pdf you can view and print.
By the way what part of the country are you in.
Nice talking with you.
In a previous post orange tree wrote...

Note that you do not get a foundation plan or any framing plans.
What you get is some nice pictures that in most cases will need to be completely worked over in order to get a building permit. These types of drawings are NOT permit ready. Never have been and probably never will be.
I get this sort of stuff all the time. Once I tell the owner what it will take to get the plans up to the quality required for permit submittal, they begin to wonder what they bought. I usually tell them that they should have spent their money with a local architect or designer. They would have gotten a custom house for not a whole lot more than the cost of "Internet" plans plus local engineering.
I have yet to see one of these "Internet" plans work out to be that terrific of a deal.
My mantra on this issue: "Hire local design firms. You WILL be happier."
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Bob Morrison wrote:

Dear Sir, Anyone that can read or write and is willing to put forth the effort can get a set of plan permitted. Adults understand what they are buying. And know that for instance, if engineered foundation plans are not included, obviously that getting engineered foundation plans will cost more. But it is the Adults choice as to how he/she will obtain these plans. And I think you and anyone else is smart enough as to how they would do that. I do not list to list all the options here.
You sound bitter, do not hate on people. Just pick yourself up from your boot straps and hold your head up high and keep trying without spewing hate. I'll say a prayer for you.
Finally i challenge anyone to see if i can or can not get one of my set of plans permitted anywhere in the country. If the client wants me to coordinate all facets of architectural and engineering work so be it.
thank you , have a nice day

Unless you are registered in every state.....I doubt it.
Bob's advice is sound......
You are the one that sounds bitter.

A religious leftist. Guess there have to be a couple.
In a previous post orange tree wrote...

The problem is that many "on-line" plan sellers market their products as being complete and ready for permit. That is simply not true. An unsophisticated homeowner will buy a set of these thinking that they can simply march on down to the local building department, submit them and get a permit. Nothing could be farther from the true. To market these types of drawings as "permit ready" is simply false advertising.

I don't hate you. I'm simply telling it like it is.

Say all the prayers you want. It won't affect me one way or the other.
God and I have this deal: I don't bother him and he doesn't bother me.

I'm telling you that MOST of the on-line plan sets I see don't pass muster. From what you describe as a typical set of plans you prepare for 0.45 per sq.ft., then they won't pass muster either.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Well, this is IMO a good thing to know. I've sometimes wondered about that.
Better to collect one's thoughts (and reference materials) and find a Pro from the get-go.
- K.
Don wrote:

Don please do not spread your hate around. No one wants to hear it.
The true is some architects do not want people to know that a set of homeplans can be produced by almost anyone.
They want to regulate the plan drawing industry with big words like architecture and all other types of regulations, In order to overcharge everyone that is not informed enough. I mean if you have a high priced architect do your plan, Who do you think actually draws them. A regular level headed person like the rest of us.
orange tree wrote:

You sent me a set of drawings to review. Sure, they might pass muster in a small town, but not everywhere.
They also had some significant design issues...
You represent the reason most American residential architecture is in the sad state it is...
Are you a liar or just stupid?

I do.

You can't actually see the difference in there? Wow. I'm going with "stupid," then.