1990s Architectural Design Cliche'?

Do you think the aesthetic will stand the test of time, or possibly be seen in the future as trendy/fadish '90s design?
http://i12.tinypic.com/6bvj09h.jpg

"Honey, do these make me look fat?"

You betcha.

The simple way to to describe the architectural design trend of the 90s which persists to this day is to call it what it is: SketchUp Architecture but most fascista homos being what they are will invent a "vocabulary" so they can clearly describe the elegant segmental components of juxtaposed platonic shapes being used to define and delineate relationships derived using additive or subtractive spatial properties which contribute to our environment in a positive manner.
clintonG wrote:

You could write copy for art "events"

Dear Secret,
Not sure this is a 90s concept as it is only an elemental part of a barrel vault, used before. But I enjoyed the lego people and trees. Very 70s nostalgic
Secretia Green wrote:

I guess I should have been more specific in my critique. Of course curves and the barrel roof/vault has been around for a very long time, and I can certainly appreciate them. My comments are more toward the barrel being asymmetrically clocked. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just that it seemed to proliferate Ad nauseam in the 90s.
It reminds me of the over the top, supposed contemporary, 1980s Italian furniture like this:
http://i17.tinypic.com/4qdbf42.jpg

You knew that was going to be dated when you bought it, Green.

I think that *curves* and their use will remain. Arches (and their kin) can be very beautiful, and strong, but they have to make sense, or at least add a lot of interest. Simply taking a rectangle, tho', and plopping a surved roof on it isn't what I think of as "enduring design".