Every time i put gas in my 26 hp Kohler it runs like crap for 15 min

I have a 26 hp kohler engine on a craftsman 54" cut lawn tractor. Every time I put gas in it it runs like crap for 10 to 15 minutes, smokes like crazy and cannot engage mower deck without killing engine. After the 10 to 15 minutes it smoothes out and runs the entire rest of the tank out with no problem.

Reply to
Anonymous

I'd think you have a loose bolt, warped head or failing gasket at the carburetor or head. That's a bit long to fully warm-up, but it may need just the right temperature before the swell is achieved.

Reply to
Anonymous