Subject Author Posted Replies

Another reason to try spraying water base
A coworker mentioned something this week about reading something about pigmenting water based clear coats with latex paint. For ha-ha's, I messed around with "thinning" latex with ML Campbell...
4
4

Illustrated History Of Furniture
  Illustrated History Of Furniture, by Frederick Litchfield
7
7

EASY BLANKET BOX/TOY CHEST - PDF
See, it isn't rocket science. Leave the top off and you've got a toy chest. - when the kid gets older, put a top on it, to make a seat. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President -...

very dilute varnish or use roller?
I have a table top I wish to varnish over and have bought some Ronseal Diamond Hard Clear Satin (water based) Varnish. I would like to get it on as *smoothly* as possible and not being too brilliant...
13
13

Excalibur Scroll Saw for sale, brand new
My dad is having me list a new Excalibur scroll saw for sale in a local consignment paper but I thought I would offer it here first. Here's his description: NEW PROFESSIONAL SCROLL SAW: EXCALIBUR...

New (for me) thing to do with my Domino
Hey All, I'm finishing up an oak hutch from plans I got through Fine Wodworking and the author (Marty Milkovitz, Jan/Feb 2007 issue 189 for those who want to know) suggests fastening the top to the...
7
7

OT: Wicked fun.
This looks like a blast. It's a bit of a load (23 MB) http://video1.hobbico.com/racing/2008-crc-race-deluxe.mpg
24
24

Porter Cable Forstner Bits
Does anyone one have an opinion on Porter Cable Forstner bits. I have a chance to pick up a 12 piece set for $30, which normally sells for around $45. Appears only the 5/8" bit has ever been used and...
8
8

Granite Router Table Top
I am curious, if some one were to manufcture granite router table tops would you be interested in buying one? I am thinking that they would be the perfect material, so sag like MDF tops and no rust...
24
24

Corner cabinets without lazy susan.
Wasted space in corners has always been an issue. Lazy susans don't use all the space either and they tend to get overloaded and stuff falls off, hard to clean etc, etc. And the really good ones are...
22
22

ARTICLE - Sharpening Carving Chisels
A bit too fussy for my taste. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
18
18

Amazon Lightning Deal - Bostich Finish Nailer
Bostich Finish Nailer is a Lightning Deal on Amazon for $129.95 until around noon Eastern time, or until sold out. 17% gone as of 9:40 AM.

Update - Re: I Was Curious
OK, a few days ago I said I was going to make a master pattern, along these lines, and was curious about how some of you would do it. /////////////////////////////...

Furniture Made from Pencils?
Unusual, but not too practical...
9
9

OT: As if THS is news.....
I paid for my education. I paid for my move away from my parents'. I grew up in a privileged environment. I didn't like it. Whatever it is I am today, was put together without a dime being kicked my...
113
113