Subject Author Posted Replies

Saw guide for wormdrive saw
I need to rip 8' X 4' plywood. I saw a 100" saw guide at Lowes and thought that might be useful. Then I see online how some are made: this also work for the wormdrive saw or would I get better ripping...
9
9

shop lighting questions
I've read several posts regarding use of fluorescent fixtures for shop lighting, have a few additional questions - my basement shop is 7'6" high, open joists (and will stay open): 1. I like the idea...
2
2

tenoning jig
Hey, I bought a used delta tenoning jig from a guy and it is set up to use the right mitre slot of the table saw. Anyone know which doohickey I undo to swing it around to use the left mitre slot? as...
3
3

Wood cladding a root cellar slab and porch.
The slab of concrete in front of the front door, is also the roof of the root cellar underneath. So it can't be removed. It is also ugly. There is enough room from the top of the threshold to the top...
11
11

Table saw bearings
i want to replace my worn out arbor bearings in my older craftsman table saw i got the 2 bearings out but they are made by a company called Hoover who are no longer in Bussness the number on the...
10
10

OT? CNC Cutting Systems
Hello, This was shown on the DIY channel's program called Cool Tools. As there has been some discussion of CNC routing here in the past, I thought that it might be of interest to some of the members...
1
1

Flocking Technique
I just bought a flocking kit from lee valley. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers about how to go about flocking a small box -- particularily I was wondering if flocking should be done before...
1
1

Kobalt SCMS?
Anyone here have the new kobalt scms lowe's is selling? I've not noticed it there until recently, and it seems to be a fairly well made tool for the price.. but I'd like some hands on opinions.
5
5

60' fallen pine
A large, seemingly healthy, 60' pine fell over this week due to a wind storm, just missing my deck. The tree is just over 2' in diameter. How can I use this much wood? logs? Chain saw party?
13
13

Bedside Tables are Finished
Great looking tables! S.
20
20

Woodstock Ontario Canada We Are Friendly, NOT
Woodstock Ontario Canada. We Are A Friendly City, NOT. if you move here we will steal from you treat you like dirt, only because you are new, we hate new people. So please move to our friendly city we...
13
13

Oak finishing
Greetings All, I'd like to revisit my oak question from last week. I'm finishing some 1/4 sawn red oak to be used as door/window casings, and have a specific look that I'm shooting for. If you've ever...
3
3

Oak finishing question
Greetings All, I'd like to revisit my oak question from last week. I'm finishing some 1/4 sawn red oak to be used as door/window casings, and have a specific look that I'm shooting for. If you've ever...
3
3

There Are More Thieves In Woodstock Ontario
There Are More Thieves In Woodstock Ontario Than Any Where Else In Canada. Moving there don't bother you will be ripped off. DO NOT start a business There
6
6

FA Saws & Sawing sawyers manual care usage vintage 1948
Saws and Sawing by Sydney Lister,Being Section 2 of the Manual of Machine Woodworking(both books were sold as stand alone volumes,so this is not part of an incomplete set) 1947 VGC, 149 pages. Hugely...
1
1