Subject Author Posted Replies

F/S Arizona 1950's Unisaw
I have a unrestored 1950's Delta Unisaw for sale. It is in good condition and runs fine. $475.00 OBO Thanks, cm 480-577-8260

old iron jointers on CL Arizona.....not mine
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/tls/676463033.htmlcm

16" electric chain saw: Makita UC4000 or UC4030A vs. Milwaukee 6215
The old 16" Makita UC4000 has great reviews on but couldn't find any review on the new UC4030A. The oil on the UC4000 reservoir is small and Milwaukee 6215 has good reviews but uses a special chain....
1
1

Warped trees
Just back from a trip to Arizona, and saw many old, dead trees that seemed to be twisted like an old wash rag. As if the tree died, then twisted as the dead wood aged. Any ideas how or why this...
5
5

Hitachi miter saw sale
On Amazon Free shipping, no tax These sales usually run for the weekend only
1
1

Panasonic Drill
I have a panasonic ey6405 12 volt cordless drill and it's great. However, one of the three "teeth" in the chuck that hold bits,etc has somehow become shorter than the other two and now drill bits...
1
1

OT: Attaching A Headboard To A Bedframe
Hi, My daughter bought a headboard. The holes for attaching the headboard to the frame don't match the holes in the frame. Is this common? The hole patterns aren't standard? Both brackets are metal....
2
2

More SketchUp Tutorials
Hello, For those here who are interested in SketchUp, take a look at the following link. the "Using Layers to Create Animation" and "Drawing a Bookcase Using Groups & Components" tutorials. They run...
4
4

OT: Hey Houston, WTF, over.... LMAO!!
OK, I know it's mean, but I read the story without personalizing it. First there were sink holes, a few other strange things like guys in construction clothes (including hard hats) robbing banks, and...
17
17

What kind of wood for exterior door?
Cedar, cypress, redwood, teak, mahogany all will take the weather well. None are available in 8/4 thickness at HomeDepot, to my knowledge, but maybe you can special order... Oak and maple are 'sweet'...
14
14

[ABPW] Lathe Sander
My latest project has been to turn a lathe in to a circular sander. The lathe motor has a piece of pine mounted on to it, and adhesive sandpaper attached to the almost flat surface. It works quite...

Chess Board Question
I milled some oak and pine down to 3/8 "to make the squares for a chess board. Can I glue them to a sheet of 1/4" plywood or will the pine & oak split & buckle ? Jerry
5
5

Sawmill Creek forum
Just ran into Sawmill Creek forum after doing a search on Google. Seems like a really great resource for woodworking. Everything from Boat building tools woodcarving and projects. If your interested:
14
14

Hinge Question
I need a "specialty" hinge, for a kitchen cabinet door, but I can't seem to find it. The cabinet has a face frame with inset doors and what I consider to be a standard mortised hinge. Because of the...
2
2

FA Cements Pastes Glues & Gums vintage 1904
Cements Pastes Glues & Gums,A Practical Guide To The Manufacture And Application Of The Various Agglutinants Required In The Building, Metal-Working, Wood-Working, And Leather-working Trades, And For...