Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Leon's Desk... (ping Leon)
But you have to keep those greenbacks coming in...if for no other reason than to buy that new Festool Laminate trimmer. Fine Home Building likes it best...at $ 500.00 it BETTER be best. (Actually, the...

Re: What's most efficient way to flatten waterstones?
I've read that somewhere (about the concrete) but have not tried it (yet).

Beyond Shape, Proportions & Size - The SHOW Face
Beyond Shape, Proportions & Size - The SHOW Face Even the simplest piece of furniture is made up of a BUNCH of parts. Getting each part?s shape and size right AND the joinery cut correctly - at the...
2
2

Amazon 25% off Freud dado sets
I didn't do a thorough scan of the rec to see if this has already been posted, but Amazon has a 25% discount on some Freud dado sets. The discount shows up only after you have added the item to your...

Table for Laminate Trimmer
I have a Porter-Cable laminate trimmer ()and I would like to know whether it fits into a pre-made router table, what modifications would have to be made, whether a simple table can be built (I'm...
5
5

Hidden hinges on MDF doors
Hi. I am building a very cheap mdf cabinet for our laundry. It will have 3 doors (720mmHx600mmWx18mm) and we want hidden hinges. To keep costs down we are thinking of making mdf doors rather than...
4
4

TS upgrade - why did I wait sooo long?
I have kept an old issue of wood magazine handy for years and finally got around to building the mobile TS/routing center. Not quite finished but almost. The general idea is to build a sturdy router...
2
2

Live Channels Free
Hi Guys, I have read your communication guys and I also love to watch live channels. I am using the service of . There are lot of new internet TV Players out there. Most of them offer valuable...

OT? Interesting new search engine from ex-Google
Just ran across this search engine and it looks promising: http://www.cuil.com/search?q=mortiseR
3
3

Table Saw Dust Collection
I just purchased a dust collector for my small shop. Now i need to figure out how to rig my contractors saw for dust collection. I'm thinking about enclosing the bottom of the saw with 1/4" ply. Are...
11
11

Leon's Desk... (ping Leon)
I just saw Leon's new desk over on a.b.p.w Looks pretty good!
7
7

Screw Heads: Square Recess vs Square Phillips vs Star vs Lox vs ...
Hi, While looking for square recess screws I found a plethora of head styles. Has anyone done a comparison of the relative merits of these styles? Thanks, Gary
3
3

Table Saw Arbor Question
Classic issue with the table saw arbor: Pop got this dado blade, and guess what -- the arbor won't fit the blade. Doh! So we're looking at it, figuring we'll need to buy either a different sort of...
17
17

Tip: Blade cleaning with UHMW
I had an Oldham blade in the table saw that wasn't cutting well--tended to burn and leave rough surfaces. I'd cleaned it as thoroughly as I could and it didn't help. I was about ready to send it out...
11
11

Lathe
What's a minimum HP rating I would want if purchasing a lathe? I have no intentions, at this time, to do any major lathe projects. I've never used one, therefore, I want to learn the trade, but also...
15
15