Subject Author Posted Replies

Table Saw motor upgrade
I have a 20 year old 10" Craftsman table saw with a 13A/1.5HP (3HP "Peak") motor. I am finding that the saw seems to bog down when ripping even 3/4" plywood (let alone hardwood) despite the fact that...
15
15

What is it? Set 245
Six more items have been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
31
31

Anybody ever heard of "Tool Broker" brand band saws?
I saw this band saw forsale on craigslist: I've never heard of the brand and all my attempts to find any info have failed. I'm pretty handy (die maker by trade) so I'm not too scared if I have to do...
3
3

Abuse Your Old Glue
OK It works. But I still won't trust it for major projects. All ten of the girl's glue ups had to be broken with a hammer. She even got into the smashing fun. The wood broke but the glue did not. So...
14
14

Raised panel/rail & stile bit set recommendation wanted.
I am thinking of purchasing a set and am undecided whether to buy a set that includes a panel bit with undercutting or one without. What do folks like the best? I have had pretty good luck with Katana...
6
6

Log Skidding - One Person
I do a small amount of logging on my property here in Vermont.. some Cherry, Maple etc. and firewood. I need to bring out a few Cherry logs that are 200 or more feet from where I can get my trailer...
12
12

Shocking titebond glue Test
Okay, out to the trash I went. Yes it landed in the thrown out watermelon rind juice. Hosed it down and told the five year old to throw it at the shed while I mowed. It did lighten and thin. When I...
5
5

Titebond 2 Failure
HI all, Coming for some help. I am making new cabinet doors for my kitchen. I am using Santos Mahogany. About 90% of my joints are breaking. I am using Titebond 2 that is about 2 years old. It looks...
13
13

Re: Billy Jon Coogan's first single has been released - "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
Does that include the sounds of buzz saws, routers, drills and hammering drowning out his inane attempts at spamming non music related newsgroups?

OT: An old Internet nugget.
I still like to see this one when it comes around. ATTN: MR BARSS!! I DO agree with almost all of this, so please... have a cup. TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!...
10
10

permit inspections
Is the inspector a town employee or a contractor. If a town employee they can note obvious stuff, most will just restrict themselves to the permit items. A contractor for towns that have adopted the...
129
129

Tablesaw popped fuse/breaker
I was cutting some 16/4 poplar on the tablesaw and got halfway through it when the saw stopped dead. At first I thought the blade had simply stopped but then I realized the motor was completely off....
13
13

creating an expanding-height stud
I want to put up a sort of lightweight temporary wall, supported by a "temporary" stud pushing up into a (concrete slab) ceiling and down into the carpet. So I'm trying to think of the best way to...
9
9

Lawn mower to trim hedges
Snopes lists it as an unverifiable legend: Plaintiff who cuts off fingers using a lawn mower as a hedge trimmer sues manufacturer.
18
18

Norm and safety
Has anyone else noticed that Norm's safety glasses lack side shields? They don't do much good without them. Walt
34
34