Subject Author Posted Replies

heavy picture frame
I have been asked to make a frame for a stained glass window. The intent is that this frame will then be hung inside a window so that the sun can pass through. Anyway, the glass is maybe 2x3 feet and...
34
34

? what hardwood for window mullions and purlins ?
Hi, I'm designing an old-timey style multi-pane wood window where wooden mullions and purlins have channels to hold panes of glass. For this application the energy efficiency is not important but the...
3
3

Re: Can you think of a safer way to cut a tiny piece of wood on a table saw?
I'll say it again: Hand waving generalizations without specific criticism to the points given below will indicate the poster's lack of knowledge of kickback and danger to fingers. If you have some...

Can you think of a safer way to cut a tiny piece of wood on a table saw?
Factual opinions accepted. Hand waving generalizations without specific criticism to the points given below will indicate the poster's lack of knowledge of kickback and danger to fingers. Forget what...
25
25

odd piece of pine lumber
I put up some pictures of an odd piece of pine, suggestions for use? This piece needs to be immortalized.
15
15

Re: Is the Freud 2 1/4 HP VS Router any good?
"JoanD'arcRoast" Woodcrapt has the fixed and plunge base kit for $129.99 You can probably do better than the PC also, Bosch, Triton, Milwaukee, Makita, etc. PC is not the great tool that it used to...
21
21

What is it? Set 269
Another new set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
24
24

Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.
Hi all, I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. I would like to build him a bed (twin size). I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm told he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies!...
23
23

Quick inlay technique
First, you rout out the pattern you want. Make sure you use the square-corner bit. Then fill with inlay. sand smooth. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Scoop1.jpgThen,...
25
25

Refinish Urethane coating on Wood table. Not smooth enought? foam roller?
We have a large wood dining room table (maple I think, light color). It has been well used in our family with lots of thin scratches. I don't have the time or energy to stip all the varnish off. But I...
11
11

Is there a Tool Opposite of Vice (Separator)?
Is there a tool, what is it called, that works the opposite of a vice. Something to put between two boards and apply some force outward to help separate them. I am thinking of space distances of a few...
34
34

MDF edge-priming revisited.
Yes, kiddies, I remembered to look up, ,as promised, what we have been using to fill/prime the edges of MDF, prior to painting. This would be the stuff: automotive product. (Here in Canuckistan, we...
5
5

Re: TOOLS EXPLAINED
I have read "many" versions of this little article. The original is wonderful. LRod wrote:
2
2

Need Ryobi bt3100
Good chances getting it online, delivered less than HD. Have you shopped online? BTW, this is a very low-end saw, not worth buying used. I know you want a "table saw," but a quality circular saw would...
12
12

Energy Efficient Windows OT Humor
Ever deal with someone like this? LOL! Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the contractor who installed...