Subject Author Posted Replies

A little customer service story
I bought a Kreg Precision Band Saw Fence because it was on sale or something at Woodcraft (and it gave a perfect excuse to buy a bandsaw). When I was assmbling it, I found the hole in the clamp block...
7
7

Follow up on the Multimaster post
If you aren't ready to jump on the bag o' tools that Ridgid is offering that has a multitool in it, you might want to check out HF's new variable speed multitool. They have it on sale now and it is a...
40
40

OT: Got a laptop with a built in camera?
Mind the wrap... Hold onto your butts, kids, we've got a doozy of a story.
49
49

Cathedral door templates
I'm a novice at making cabinet doors and need to make the cathedral type. I made a template of the top rail of an existing door and thought the panel template would follow the same curve. I was...
2
2

Sketchup hep?
OK, I am long-time (very long-time) AutoCAD user. I can do 3D in Acad but my real skill is all 2D. Anyway, using Sketchup (what a blast) to do some 3D for assembly drawings mostly. I've done enough of...
9
9

OT - Music world trivia...
SWMBO was quoted in the WSJ today: as in most newspaper articles, which you'll recognize if you've ever been interviewed, reality takes somewhat of a back seat, along with the most interesting...
10
10

For those waiting to pull the trigger on a MultiMaster style tool
I just got an e-mail from HD advertising their new Ridgid "multi" tool. Looks pretty cool and I would probably be all over it if I did not already have the Fein tool. Any way the cordless tool has...
12
12

Wood, guitars, manufacturing
summer, professors at the College of Technology at Purdue bring students in for the High School Guitar Workshop, which allows the youngsters to build a fully-functioning guitar in little more than a...

Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution
Most of you may well be aware of the dreaded corner cabinet in kitchens which require us to reach far in the back for those needed pots and pans or other items. I searched products made for this type...
33
33

Cherry Bookcase Finished
Hey Gang, I finished my cherry bookcase. Not my style at all, but I enjoyed the process. me know what you think. Thanks for looking Brian http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.phpLet
27
27

OT: Help with IE
Sorry for the OT post but you guys always know the answer. I logged onto the net just now to read the news, and found that most of the regular websites I read (e.g. CNN, Yahoo, MLB, NYT, etc.) display...
14
14

Are these parts for my PC router? (If not, what are they for?)
I purchased a used Porter Cable 693 fixed & plunge base router combo recently. In the box (no manual), I found these 2 elongated screws, with a red =932=94 printed on the top of them. Do they go with...
7
7

What is it? Set 324
1856 Printing Press. 1857 Solid? Brass? Carefully machined threads, keyway, retaining clip hole... One with threads cut off? One badly corroded? I'll guess parts salvaged from an old naval steam...
32
32

Best wood floors in dry climate?
I live in Colorado, and a few years ago had a bamboo floor installed in my kitchen and living room, and have been very disappointed. Despite the whole-house humidifier attached to the forced air...
24
24

Pictures of Shop Made Sacrificial Fence Clamps
Unfair!!! Don't tease us like that. ( Can't find it - google, ask ,bing....)
19
19