Subject Author Posted Replies

Bowed and twisted wood might become a thing of the past
Later this year you'll be able to print with materials containing wood, metal or stone via MakerBot's 3D printers.
12
12

African Mahogany - Bent Laminations.
Does anyone have experience using African Mahogany for bent laminations? If so, how does it work out? I realize that "African Mahogany" can be any of several species. Thanks. Joel
4
4

White Fuzz on Cedar wood???
and woods behind my house also have a man made lake little further into the woods... I have been to so many drs and they all think I?m having severe anxiety attacks but I know what I see I have pretty...
6
6

Type of paint for cabinets in garage
I have been thinking of making several cabinets for my detached garage. I w as thinking plywood carcass, but maybe poplar face frames with raised panel s made out of mdf. The garage is insulted but...
21
21

Topical question - what's a good safe heater for garage shop?
Ok, while I know I am lucky to be in an area of the country where it doesn' t get much below 40, but due to my extreme reaction to cold, I can't work i n my shop unless it's over 65. I may have...
41
41

OT: when hell freezes over
Camping on New Years morning at Lost Dutchman State Park outside of Apache Junction, AZ. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily....
2
2

RE: O/T: Reflections
The week between Christmas and New Years marks the time I moved from Ohio to Los Angeles at the end of 1989. A lot has changed. I left Ohio 12/26/89 and started driving South/West along I-71 and I-70...
42
42

UFC 182 Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier - RESULTS
UFC 182 Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier - RESULTS: #ufc182 #jones #cormier #ufc Sherdog.com reports from the MGM Grand Garden Arena at approximately 7 p.m. ET with live UFC 182 results and round-by-round...
1
1

Handscrews: Increasingly handy. + a good deal
I got my daily Rockler email today, which included a pretty good deal on 10" handscrews ($6.85 each, free shipping over $25) It seems that every month or two they choose one size to put on sale at a...
17
17

Tools for earlier Milwaukee 18V battery packs???
I've several that use the old 18V pack that are all still perfectly satisfactory (tools as well as the packs) I'd like to add some other pieces but I really, really, really, do _NOT_ want yet another...
1
1

shining a flashlight through the thinnest bowls
I watched an interesting video (don't have the link) on a japanese turner that shined a flashlight through the bowl sides. In some places the end grain was gone. He had techniques and tools that I've...
14
14

Red Oak - Dark Stain Removal or Lightening
We are preparing to restore and refinish a couple of antique items--a dinin g table and a side-by-side that belonged to my grandparents. Both, especia lly the side-by-side, are in need of significant...
10
10

All the Best for the Coming Year
To everyone here on the REC and As Eddie Murphy would say it: MERRY NEW YEAR! scene from trading places -- Eddie Murphy -- Merry New Year! haaahahahaa!
2
2

OT: Neat New Drone with Tracking Mechanism
Squadrone System is raising funds for HEXO+: Your Autonomous Aerial Camera - Drone on Kickstarter! HEXO+ is an intelligent drone that follows and films you autonomously. Aerial filming for everyone.

Treehouse bridge update: one section blew down in the California storms
The third section blew down in the California storms. It was just the frame, and a few deck timbers: Apparently the mistake was to attach it here to the redwood: These two smaller redwoods apparently...
8
8