Subject Author Posted Replies

top mounted bi-fold door
I'm building a window seat that has a bi-fold door on one end. I plan on using a piano hinge cut to length for both pieces of the door. I want to know how to mount the door in the window seat itself....
1
1

Dust collector modification
I looked at Bill Pentz's site and I googled the group, but I must be thick or something. I still cannot figure out how to add a piece of window screen to my 1.5 hp dust collector to keep the chips out...

Jointer Trouble
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm _more_ confused now! Are you sure that your jointer fence is set to 90d? Are you talking about ending up with a board that is tapered in either width...
106
106

Router Recommendation
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a new router. I've had several Craftsman models that have all given out, and I'd like to get something really good. So, I'm looking for recomendations. - I want...
5
5

Making coasters from a small log
I would like to make coasters from a small (3-4") log by crosscutting them on a bandsaw about =BC" thick. Would anybody have any recommendations on what kind of wood/log to use that would not "check"...
7
7

Comments wanted on Jet JPM-13CS Planer/Molder
I have an opportunity to buy a Jet planer/molder that is in very good condition. It's two-speed feed rate (10fpm/20fpm) 1 1/2HP motor 115V/230V Max thickness 6 1/8" Max cutting 1/16" 3 knives Planing...
11
11

Any mechanisms available for slide-out, drop-down drawers?
I want to build a cabinet for some tools that are very flat and generally thin. What I'd like is a set of drawers that slide out and drop down to a, say, 45 degree angle so I can see the whole tool....
12
12

Plan for Cabbage Shredder
I am looking at making a cabbage shredder or mandoline. Could someone tell me where to go to get a plan or idea on how to make one. TIA
10
10

David's Kitchen part four... (w/pics)
Hello everyone, When we last saw David's kitchen the boxes were done and the face frames were built, then I have painted and installed the face frames. The face frames are made of poplar (pocket...
10
10

TS switch was multi- up/down to start; now runs in ON or OFF position
my Canadian Tire TS. The switch started acting up after I had owned it for 6 mos. I would have to flick the switch up/down dozens of times, even hundred to get it to start. Once on, it stayed on until...
6
6

My Milwaukee 18 Volt Cordless Hammer Drill ((Model LokTor 0624-20)Lost Traction
My Milwaukee cordless hammer drill (Model LokTor 0624-20) suddenly lost traction. The motor runs OK and I can hear the spindle spinning as the motor turns, but the chuck will not engage the spindle....
3
3

A modest proposal
"Tim and Steph" wrote in news:E_t6h.3209$fk2.563@trndny02: *snip* They're not too bad on electrical terminal strips, but you're talking simply turning a screw (or is it technically a bolt, with no...
21
21

A Neat Circular Saw Guide
I'm sure this is an old one, but it was new to me and comes courtesy of Tom Silva of ATOH fame. Rip a piece of ply (1/4-1/2 thick), 4"W x Length desired. Rip a piece of 1/4 ply, 12"W x Length desired....
5
5

Milwaukee 5625
I just used mine (in a serious sense) for the first time tonight to learn how to use rail & stile bits and how to raise a door panel. It dropped right down in speed for that 3" door panel and cut it...

Progress Pictures on a.b.p.w.
I posted some pictures on a.b.p.w. of a walnut night stand I am in the middle of building. Some more examples of S2S1E lumber that never saw a jointer after being purchased. Look for Walnut Night...