Subject Author Posted Replies

Academic Paper: Noise Transmission Study of A Table Saw
Hello, I'm a beginner woodworker and took the plunge to buy my first Forrest WWII table saw blade. I was doing some research online for pros/cons with regards to buying a blade stabilizer. I noticed...
7
7

WOOD Magazine Debuts Handcrafted Wood Item Auction to Support St. Jude in Fight Against Childhood Cancer
Magazine, one of the world's leading woodworking magazines, is auctioning off more than 200 handcrafted items now through December 9 to support the life-saving work of St. Jude Children's Research...

best cabinet screws
I have to make a storage cabinet which will be suspended from a garage ceiling. It'll be fifteen feet long and quite heavy. One thing I definitely don't want to do is use drywall screws in the...
9
9

Non-Toxic Wood Treatment
I've not tried any of these. And, don't blame me if you burn your shop down preparing any of these. JOAT I am, therefore I think.
1
1

PIRATE CANNON
Probably be a bit hard to come by a pirate ship nowadays. However, you could always make several of them, mount 'em on the back of a flatbed truck, and then give a broadside. Politician would b my...
7
7

FS: Grizzly Benchtop Mortising Machine and Delta Tenoning Jig Mesa, AZ
Both in good shape. Located in Mesa, AZ $150 for the pair. Marty

Chisels for tropical hardwoods?
Can anyone recommend reasonably priced chisels( say around $100-150 for a set of six) that are tough enough to hold up to tropical hardwoods? I have a set of Marples Blue Chip which I always thought...
6
6

Vicmarc VL-100 mini lathe+ for sale
Hello all, I posted this about a week ago and have now lowered the price and added several accessories. Including a drill chuck, two chisels, and a Delta grinder. Almost everything you need to start...
3
3

Fixing a finish
[...]. Some stains in some woods can be easily removed with a mild acid. This is a trick which will save you a lot of grief if you ever have wooden kitchen worktops which are very easily marked by...
8
8

ROS/ DC Connection
I went to Lee Valley the other day and bought two adapters, a 1.25" to 2.5" and a 2.5" to 4". My goal was to see if I could hook my randon orbital sander up to my dust collector. When I took the dust...
7
7

edgebanding radius
I used white poly T molding from Outwater Plastics on a kitchen about 12 years ago and find that the molding only lasts about 3/4 years. It cracks at the corners ( radius 1/4" ) even though I cut a...
1
1

Freud Box Joint Cutter Set $59.99 FREE SHIPPING
Amazon has the Freud SBOX8 Box Joint Cutter Set on sale for $59.99 with FREE SHIPPING. 8" Dado Set, 5/8" Arbor | Does not need dado set or saw blade | Features Premium TiCo HI-Density Carbide...

Is it worth a career change?
Likely you'd be better of with a McDonalds. Fast food is ingrained in American life. Business is there no matter the economy and everyone eats. A woodworking store, on the other hand, is a niche...
61
61

MDF kitchen island table top. Supports?
I've built an island with a 3/4" MDF top, tiled w/12" sq ceramic tile and and edged w/ ~3/4" oak. t's 35x 48 and offset on the base for about ~11" overhang on two sides. Under the overhang on two...
1
1

good deal on a router - Freud at Rockler
A few people have asked recently about opinions on routers, so I thought I'd pass along a deal I saw. Rockler has a Freud 2.25hp router for $169, with a mail-in rebate for a free plunge base. Var...
1
1