Subject Author Posted Replies

Review - Chris Vesper Joinery Knife
Hi All, Have just finished a review of Chris Vesper's Joinery Knife! You can read the review here > it helps! This sturdy bench-top Planer Thicknesser is built to the exacting standards that you have...
3
3

drawer stops?
******** * * * * * * * * *********** * * * * * * * This is a rough of what I am looking for. These metal items are used to stop the drawer from going back into the dresser. They are put in place with...
7
7

Newbie Workbench Questions
Hi all, I'm a new woodworking enthusiast (yet to call myself a real woodworker, though I have built a couple things), and now that my dad has given me many of my great grandfather's hand tools (he was...
3
3

My first furniture
okay -- my first furniture since the book rack (which I still have!) that I made in 6th - 7th grade. I'll post a few more shots on my website once it has color ... this is just a couple coats of...
3
3

New circular saw help....
Looking to purchase a new circular saw (my cheap Skil just aint cuttin it anymore, want to relegate it to concrete/masonry only). Im not a pro, just a DIY-er. I was looking at a left blade Milwaukee...
13
13

Cedar Logs available for, well, anyone
About a month of so ago, my neighbor had a big cedar tree in his front yard cut down. (At least, I'm almost certain it's a cedar.) I talked the tree removal guys to leave the two biggest chunks of...
3
3

Splitting Question
Hi all, For a project I am working on I need to split a length of pvc pipe in half lengthwise. Any suggestions? Mark
8
8

Cloudy Polyurethane Finish
I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put the Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the sanding left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting over?...
3
3

INSPIRATON - Bowl Lathe
The lathe thread made me decide to google bit. Because if I had $1,000 available to spend, ne of the last things I'd sendit on is a lathe. Not when they're not tat hard to make - in my view anyway....
18
18

Care and Feeding of LAcquer Coated Furniture
Hi, I bought two pieces of genuine oriental furniture that have very nice lacquer finishes. One piece appears to be stained wood w/ very nice abalone inlays and a nice lacquer finish while the other...
2
2

OT: wooden cars
hahaha Thought some of the more 'handy' amongst us might enjoy the woodwork involved: http://www.thepollspace.com/polls.php?pollid=1780
1
1

Project Update Stickley-clone dresser
It's starting to look like a dresser! This is my BIGGEST project to date with regard to the number of working hours. Take a peek at my progress and give some freak'en feed back! Thank you! :)
4
4

De-Por-ta and thining product lines?
Hi folks Long-time lurker. I've been monitoring the newsgroup for a long while and found much valuable advice. One thing I hav been noticing lately is the seeming dearth of Delta products in...
3
3

DW735 chip collection?
Does the DW735 come with what you need to attach it to a DC? There is a part no. DW7353 that appears attach to the back of a DW735, which implied it cannot be hooked up without it. in Amazon the...
4
4

Cutting aluminum bars with saw designed for wood
What bad things will happen if I use this Stanley hand miter saw: cut aluminum angle stock of the kind sold at Home Depot? Will it ruin the blade immediately, work fairly well, or what? Is it possible...
13
13