Subject Author Posted Replies

Metal slide to hold criggabe boards pegs in storage hole
Hello, Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the metal slides that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole. I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this...
4
4

Woodworking places in Boston?
I will be in Boston next week. Any not to be missed stores, or anything else like that? Preferably around Framingham... Last year I saw my first Rockler in Cambridge, but that is old now.
3
3

Electricity under water
I built a lake home for some clients and later installed an underground drop to a pedestal with a 240 volt disconnect (exactly like an AC disconnect). From there, the people who built the dock tied...
47
47

Coolest 1/1 wooden bicycle you'll see today!
Nice lines. Too bad the two seats & handlebars are metal. Search | com.com

What is it? CXCIII
Set 193 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

Cedar vs Douglas Fir for indoor dining table
I need to build indoor dining table using Cedar or Douglas Fir. That's the only wood I can get in 4x4 size for the legs. Ane recommendations as far as the wood type goes? I was told that Cedar is soft...
17
17

Wooden bicycle for two. Very high NQ (Nifty Quotient)
Take a look. Pretty spiffy. http://tinyurl.com/yqfvtgr
7
7

router bits
Have any of you bought these bits, if so how do you like them? http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/sp070731.htm
6
6

OT - BYOB
This is for those that automatically think everyone understands just what they're talking about when they use an acronym. Heh heh. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to...
3
3

Question on framing a door
I am gutting my house and need to frame a few new doors and remove a few doors. In close examination, the way the existing doors are framed is very different from what I have seen typically done. Here...
6
6

O/T: RE: "SCOOTER"
"Patriarch" > My dad was a Cards fan as a result of living there during his youth. I heard a lot about the "Gas House Gang". 1958, the year of "The Carpet Bagger". Both the Giants and the Dodgers left...
5
5

Router Table Insert Decision
I purchased a Veritas #05J25.01 Router Table Insert from Lee Valley. Since we have more than one router the decision was based on price not the easy removal and use with insert attached. The supplied...

More Stirling Stuff
...or "Thinking weird thoughts in Iowa" I got to wondering just how big a fluidyne I could build - after all, I've seen some pretty sizable plastic pipe going down the road on semis. Naturally, I...
14
14

Delta Jointer 37-220
I know there are folks out there who have one of these machines. I just got one (a minor gloat - for free). It's a bit rusted but nothing that bad that hasn't cleaned up with some Boshield, but the...
7
7

medallion for blanket chest
I am fairly new to furniture making and have just finished a blanklet chest as a birthday gift to my wife. I'm looking to put a brass medallion on the front, just a decoritive piece maybe 3" by 6"....
3
3