Woodworkers in Switzerland?

Greetings,

I'm researching how the wood stocks for old Swiss military rifles were finished, and I was wondering if anybody here has any woodworker contacts in Switzerland. The rifles in question are old bolt-actions that were phased out sometime in the 70's, and had walnut or beechwood stocks with a warm yellow-orange shellac finish. How exactly the finish got on the rifles is a big question among Swiss rifle enthusiasts, but so far I don't think anybody from the Swiss rifle boards has thought to ask here. I imagine the person I'd like to contact would be an older craftsman, almost certainly past retirement age.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Reply to
Strike Penguin

Like this:

I could help ... but your post brought back memories of traveling through Switzerland and seeing the ubiquitous gentlemen in uniform in every train station, lugging that very rifle, apparently traveling to and fro from their period of national service. A very common sight in those days.

Perhaps if you e-mailed the guy who sold the one above, he could help.

Reply to
Swingman