Wood Work on DIY

If any of you watch Fixer Upper, you know Clint Harp. He has his own show now on DIY network. Starts Wednesday 5/9
https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/Chip-and-Joanna-s-Secret-Craftsman-Emerges-From-12895104.php
On 5/7/2018 8:58 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Whether the design or inspiration for his pieces comes from him or Joanna Gaines, it's all good.
Clint getting his own show will ease the sting of Joanna & Chip riding off into the sunset. We love Fixer Upper. We enjoy watching those makeover shows but no one else can hold a candle to them. They consistently turn sow's ears (or worse) into silk purses. Great stuff!
On 5/7/2018 8:58 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I notice that this show will not be on the channel Fixer Upper was on. That has to sting huh HGTV? ;~)
On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 11:45:56 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

own

tsman-Emerges-From-12895104.php

Apparently they all report to the same boss.
DIY was a spin-off of HGTV, both of which were started by Scripps Networks.
I stole the following from a March 2018 article found here:
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-discovery-scripps-merger -20180306-story.html
"Discovery Communications...completed its merger with Scripps Networks Inte ractive Inc. and assumed control of the Scripps television channels HGTV, F ood Network and Travel Channel.
Kathleen Finch, who was in charge of programming at Scripps, will run HGTV, Food Network, ID, TLC, Travel Channel and DIY Network."

Good for him. He was building himself a name being tied into that show and I am glad to see he is going to benefit from it in the end. I was actually wondering about how this was going to affect his income.
Thanks for the link.
On Mon, 7 May 2018 21:58:12 -0400

is the network really diy
would be ironic if not
i guess diy has been hijacked
i think clint sharp would be a better stage name
On 5/10/2018 1:43 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

If it was other than DIY is would have said so.
On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:08:27 -0400

if you say so
if it was really diy network would the show be videos on youtube or vimeo or no