Wood stain on carpet

I had a bad spill of dark wood stain on my carpet and didn't know it until it dried. I've had partial success with soaking the stain in mineral spirits and scrubbing like crazy...the stain doesn't seem to have actually "stained" the carpet, just dried in between the tiny little strands. Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike Bates

Potted plant

Reply to
Steve

Try a product called Goof-Off, it's pretty good.

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

On 20 Aug 2003 11:05:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Bates) pixelated:

That's instant karma, dude. Thou shalt not stain wood. Even pineywood.

- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? -

Full Service Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
jo4hn

hi mike

I have been a pro carpet cleaner for many years. you have done all you can do yourself. a pro might be able to lighten the new color of your carpet with a heat transfer process but it will not remove the new color. Patching may be the best answer to your problem depending on the age and wear pattern.

Reply to
leonard