Wood DIScoloration

I collect pieces of downed wood. Mostly the burls, roots, and forks that have interesting shapes. A lot of it is juniper, and aspen.

When I pick it up, it has a nice gray outer cast. But when cutting into it, it has the original coloration. It is the same way on old barn wood. The areas where you can see the different coloration from the interior wood really clash with the gray outer color.

What can I use to make the newly cut areas like the original gray?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

repeated applications of tincture of time, until the desired look is achieved.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Expose it to a lot of UV rays?

Reply to