Who Posts the Most?

Mozilla is a windows-based browser. There are some pages that have problems, but for the most part, it gives you a lot more control over things, like turning off pop-ups. It can be downloaded from

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I thought it was interesting that none of the top OT threads show up in my newsreader, thanks to some intelligent filtering and the fact that I hit ignore thread on any political topic.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

For all the good it does. Looked at the thread where the guy asked about woodworking magazines lately?

Reply to
Mike G

All I can tell you is I'm running RH9 with Ximian Desktop 2. Here's the browser/plugin specifics:

mozilla-1.4-0.ximian.6.5

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.2-b28 File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.2

Shockwave Flash File name: libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79

MozPlugger 1.4.2 File name: mozplugger.so

nppdf.so File name: nppdf.so

Default Plugin File name: libnullplugin.so

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

BAD has changed his email addy a few times. The MS tracking filters use the email addy, not the alias, to track usage.

A Google count has, between 01 Jan 2003 and 31 Dec 2003 inclusive:

  1. BAD - 3640 posts, (avg 303 per month) (Search done on nickname Bay Area Dave; BAD used snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com and snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com in the period)
  2. JOAT (including T.) - 3100 posts (avg 258 per month) (search done on email addy, not nickname, to filter trolls who stole his identity)
  3. Leon - 2820 posts (avg 235 per month), (includes all Leon's posting)

But then, who's counting...

I think I really need to go back to work tomorrow.

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

I consider just about any thread asking about magazines to be equivalent to a troll, so just hit ignore on those too. I'm pretty ruthless and try to keep it trimmed down. Takes me 10 to 30 min. each day to read and respond to what interests me on this group. I skim topics and only retrieve bodies for those that seem interesting. When I look in my newsreader right now I see about 95% on-topic posts.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass