White wood rot treatment???

OK, with the other thread on the barn, turns out I was back at finishing shoring up some places where we had to sister the bottom of some studs. One place happens to be the north end double at the west end drive. It's got a kink in it needing a long scab on the inner side to straighten it out that hadn't gotten to. Getting ready to do that yesterday prior to beginning to tighten up the diagonal bracing that is loose or missing in some places so it sways, I noticed a spot of white rot that has redeveloped at the end of where we had shortened the original stud. Thought we'd got it cut back far enough, but apparently not. I'm not wanting to pull a piece of siding again; anybody have any experience with something like

as a treatment? Or other recommendations, successful treatments you've tried?

Robert, you got any "hands on" here by any chance't???

Reply to
dpb

BTW, there were several other places we ran into same but all other areas I've checked that I remembered seem to have stopped the canker by having removed enough material; just missed this spot it seems altho guess I'll do some more thorough checking now.

Wind's starting to back off; wasn't quite so bad as feared given their talk; our max gust was "only" about 50 mph at about 10AM shortly after the front came through. Spent the day on books and stuff; mayhaps tomorrow I'll get a picture of the above area...

Reply to
dpb

------------------------------------------------------------- Trying to be a first class "bug man" on your own is about trying DIY brain surgery, IMHO.

Somehow you never just quite get it done right.

Classic case of an opportunity to barter.

Good luck.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Use the same product, commercially applied, to coat the entire frame structure of ALL the houses I build, prior to applying the sheathing.

The borate product used is concentrated, mixed with water in portable tanks, then sprayed on the entire structure, much like with you would with a pressure washer, (no pressure).

A very good way to protect a frame building from future insect damage/infestation, particularly when sheathing and drywall will be applied to both sides of the treated walls.

I also used a similar, dry/granular borate product when building that strawbale home a few years back.

Reply to
Swingman