where to buy hardwood in Albuquerque

Looking for typical random widths & lengths of red oak, mahogany, birch for furniture projects, in 4/4 to 8/4 rough thicknesses. Also furniture grade plywood. TIA, F

Reply to
fireant

Try Albuquerque Hardwoods, better prices than Ore- Pac.

Bill

fireant wrote:

Reply to
George

And better customer service too! Otherwise, check the yellow pages. There isn't much available here..... Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:08:40 -0600, fireant wrote (in article ):

Albuquerque Hardwoods for the domestic stuff. Go to Ore-Pac for the Mahogany (bring a crowbar)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

What about Woodcraft? I noticed that they have a store in Albuquerque.

I'll be driving down to Albuquerque in a couple weeks to see "Stomp" at PopeJoy theater. I figured that while down there, I'll give myself a few hours to browse the wood supply stores. I was going to visit Woodcraft. Their website makes it look pretty good ... but never having been there, I really can't say.

Jack

Bruce wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:aNOdnVi2OtqCHubZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

It's a pretty good place to browse etc... but their prices are pretty steep. Woodwise, their prices are usually way steep and their stock is pretty minimal. If you want to "browse" woods, swing by OrePac. They have a decent showroom with most of the varieties they carry. The other places really don't have a showroom but if you like wandering warehouses, ABQ Hardwoods is ok (I personally prefer to buy from them but I usually know what I'm after too). Now if I could just find someone in this town that carries Ipe! Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I found OrePac on the Internet and got their Albuquerque address. But I can't find "Albuquerque Hardwood". Is that the name of the store? Would you happen to have their address?

Jack

James "Cubby" Culberts> "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:bZ6dneXoP_QcKubZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Here ya go:

Albuquerque Hardwood Lumber Company

4100 2nd St N W Albuquerque 87107 (505) 344-8856

Here's another that I've never heard of so YMMV:

Smith & Sons Hardwood

7710 Menaul Blvd NE

Albuquerque, NM 87110 - 4645

(505) 294-8830

If you visit that second one, report back what you find! Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

. Now if I could just find someone in this town that

I went through that. I only needed a few (20) bf for a bench. A place in Phoenix (google "hardwood" + "phoenix") had a UPS bundle for a better price than I could do anywhere else. It seems the best prices/deals are back east but shipping would be a killer.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

On Wed, 31 May 2006 17:33:44 -0600, Bruce wrote (in article ):

Oops! add "ipe" to that search and you'll find woodworkerssource.net. At the time they had it on sale and it came to about $6/bf. delivered. Seems now to be about $11 (ouch!)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce