Thin plywood, where to buy?

I'm looking for plywood thinner than the 'standard' 1/8" (3.something mm) that one can buy most places. I don't need much, a couple of 8' x

4' sheets would probably be all I need for a year or so. However I do need some reasonably large pieces rather larger than I can find from all the modelling suppliers that result from searching in Google.

Also, what are the standard thicknesses less than 1/8", it would help searching if I knew?

Reply to
tinnews

SLEC for sure will ship the smaller sizes in 4x4 sheets. And 8x4 sheets as well

em. There are other places too..more wood merchants than model suppliers

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks, just what I was looking for, expensive isnt't it! They're actually not all that far from me so, when I have decided exactly what I want, it might pay to go and collect it.

Reply to
tinnews

SLECS prices went through the roof a year or two back. Couldn't get balsa and the ply was scare too. No idea why. Probably the balsa all went into windmills and the birch all went into eco power stations

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher