when is it too cold to work?

Hmmm... Well, it's all I have for the moment, but we'll see how it goes now that I Great Stuffed the crap out of everything. I finally had the brilliant idea to go in there and turn off the lights. Wow. Dozens of little teensy spots of light, all around the flashing where the roof joins the walls. Ah hah, that wasn't helping.

Reply to
Silvan

I don't think anybody is getting that rich, but it sounds like the type. Chip and bull haulers too. The last of the cowboy supertruckers.

Back when this road used to go somewhere, before they cut it in half with a new highway, trucks used to use this street to get out to the place where they shred up all the Christmas trees they collect at the end of the season.

I was in the house one day, and heard an incredibly loud metal wrenching sound. I went out to see what the hell had happened.

It was a chip hauler loaded with mulch. His trailer broke in the middle and collapsed to the ground. The sides bowed out, and it spewed mulch all over the place. The steer axle was a foot off the ground, and he couldn't get the thing out of the road.

Guy tried to tell me he had scaled only 20,000 pounds.

His tires were down to the wires too.

Gack. I give those things a *wide* berth now.

Reply to
Silvan

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:26:24 -0800, Luigi Zanasi brought forth from the murky depths:

Ah, you have a shortage of Round Tuits up there, too? I would have thought that insultion would have been much more necessary to you than a bow saur is to me. YMMV

"Mosh", not "moosh", sir. No meeces down here.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary

Dynamic Website Applications ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:41:56 GMT, Larry Jaques scribbled

Prolly, but I have no problem keeping it warm with a couple of ceramic heaters whenever I want to work - so I haven't really felt the need. Or a blast from the propane heater when it's reaaaaly cold.

Luigi Zanasi

I think I gave a wrong impression. :)

If you need the entire sustained output of _any_ kind of heater, to maintain the current 'inside' temperature, it'll take that heater a *long* time to warm the inside _to_ that temperature from the 'outside' temperature.

Under "less extreme" temperature differentials, it'll warm the place faster.

for 'cheap insulation', used newspaper _does_ work fairly well. nowhere as good as Dow R30 foamboard, obviously, but well enough to make a substantial difference. Make sure you've got a _good_ moisture barrier on the warm side of it, however.

Another source of cheap insulation is styrofoam peanuts. if you know someplace that does more 'receiving' than shipping, this can be 'found material'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Man, where did *you* get a Round Tuit? I've gotten Square Tuits, Oval Tuits, Triangular Tuits, but I've never gotten a Round one before.

Reply to
Silvan

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:14:44 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

"Does I has ta 'splain the word "shortage" tos ya?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------- I sent in my $5, so *

why haven't I been 'saved'? * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh. No. I misread that.

You can whap me with something now.

Reply to
Silvan

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:22:52 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Better yet, go pour poly on yourself. (That way you won't have any around to be suckered into using.)

Tough love.

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques