What would be a good moisture meter in the ~$50 range?

I have a bunch of cherry that has been drying on a rack outside here in NH for about a year. I want to start using some of it to build a kitchen island. It is all pretty much 4/4 rough. I see moisture metes from $13 (HF) up to more then $200. Pinless and Pin. What would anybody recommend. I want to start soon and I have Sears, Woodcraft, Ace nearby, but I can go online as well.

Thanks. Jim

Reply to
jtpr

I have one. Not high tech but it's been dropped and bounced around for ten years and still works.

LdB

I have a Harbor Freight unit. I keep it in my toolbox.. It's pretty accurate. Compares well to my more expensive unit.

I was surprised but for $13 I figured I give it a try. I always remove the batteries after us> I have a bunch of cherry that has been drying on a rack outside here

Reply to
tiredofspam