What Tool(s) To Use To Crush Ice Cubes Fast

I can put ice cubes into a plastic bag and swing it down to the floor. It works -- one big problem -- the second swing breaks the plastic bag. I put heavy nuts (nut and bolt nuts) into a container and shook the container. This barely works at all. I bought an expensive blender. The shaft broke inside where it cannot be gotten to. I have run the cubes under that tap. This works fast but I don't like having to make twice the ice. -------- One of you has an idea of something I can put on the kitchen counter or on the garage work bench and crush 10 or 12 cubes of ice with one pull of a lever or one blow of a hammer or some thing-a-ma-bob I can by in hardware or automotive store. Please give me your ideas even if you haven't had time to prove them. I would really appreciate it. R E Williams, Surrey, British Columbia

Reply to
RadioDays

[...]

RadioDays presented the following explanation :

The Google machine works very well, try it sometime 8-o

Reply to
John G

RadioDays wrote in news:4550e6cb-8454-47e1-8b3d- snipped-for-privacy@z26g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

DAGS for "Ice Crusher." I've got a manual model that was old when I got it but works great. If you turn the handle one way, it produces fine (1/4") ice. Turned the other way, it produces coarse (3/8") ice that actually works better for cooling drinks.

It's not as quick as one pull, but it's fast enough.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Double duty option: A snow cone machine will crush any shaped ice, for whatever your need is. Beyond your needs, it's a hit with the kids, too.... mine is used at the family reunions. Many flavors of syrup can be bought at any major grocery store, in the KoolAid department.

Reply to
Sonny

Take one thick rubber glove, one metric ton of ice cubes, one largeasss bucket, and a simple stainless steel tablespoon.

Pick up one ice cube, rap soundly with the rounded portion of the tablespoon, dump in bucket. Rinse, repeat until you can find some other idiot to take over for you.

-- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg

Reply to
Larry Jaques

dad used to use a gunny sack and the broad side of a three pound mallet to crush ice for the ice cream freezer. Froze the blocks ourselves by filling paper milk cartons, then all you had to do is put the cartons in the bag, and pound away!

Reply to
Steve Barker

The father of a friend of mine was out on the sidewalk with a gunny sack (burlap bag) with a block of ice in it. He was swinging it back and forth against the sidewalk when a car went by. He said loudly,"God damn kittens!" Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

How about a hammer?

With this link, you could be supplied for at least a year or so given your ability to break stuff.

Joe AutoDrill

Leon

For openers, what are you planning to dilute with that ice...if it is scotch, you will be shot at dawn. Besides, ice cubes are made from water and fish copulate in that stuff.

IF you must use a splash of water to 'wake up' a dram of single malt, only use water from a stream filtered through the panties of a Newfoundland virgin and they are becoming exceedingly difficult to find; maybe the ugliest girl in grade 4?

Reply to
Robatoy

The long arm of an iced-tea spoon gives a better mechanical advantage. Fast-moving light impactor gets you to cracked ice with minimum energy input, as long as the ice cube is cold and brittle.

You can also get an ice shaver, lots of 'em on the market for slush drinks (or juleps for the grownups) - it's just a bucket with a plane-like knife blade on the bottom and a cranked wheel of icespikes on top.

Reply to
whit3rd

The ice scraper has been around a long time.... used for making snow cones (as I recall) and the like, as you noted.

A snow cone machine is similar. The inside scrapers are blades, about

2" long, mounted each side of a disc, similar to looking at the bottom of a hand planer. Load the ice in one end and a plunger is used to push the ice through the shaving disc, which is spun by a motor.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

He wants smaller cubes, crushed ice, totally different from shaved iced/snow.

Reply to
Robatoy

Installed a dedicated $2k shaved ice maker in a recent kitchen remodel.

I would say wretched excess, but I want one too.

Reply to
Swingman

RadioDays wrote the following:

24 second video.

Reply to
willshak

You owe me a new keyboard... ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

friend who has the financial wherewithal and curiousity to be buying some outrageous scotch at prices which would give anybody with a Dutch heart a coronary. He hates to drink alone...God bless him.... A few drops of mineral water to awake a single malt is de rigueur.

I am soooo fighting NOT to become a scotch 'aficionado' because I dislike almost all 'aficionados'. But I like that shit.

But ICE??????? For a soda, who cares. To plunge your pecker in after round 5..okay. But, like Jackie Gleason said after the bartender asked if he wanted ice in his drink: "I am here to drink, not to skate."

Reply to
Robatoy

As long as it's a single malt, and one word: Laphroaig

Too bad you can't buy the 15 year old any longer. That was my favorite Scotch.

Reply to
Swingman

Yabbut.....for a righteous single malt? I am sooo lucky to have a friend who has the financial wherewithal and curiousity to be buying some outrageous scotch at prices which would give anybody with a Dutch heart a coronary. He hates to drink alone...God bless him.... A few drops of mineral water to awake a single malt is de rigueur.

I am soooo fighting NOT to become a scotch 'aficionado' because I dislike almost all 'aficionados'. But I like that shit.

But ICE??????? For a soda, who cares. To plunge your pecker in after round 5..okay. But, like Jackie Gleason said after the bartender asked if he wanted ice in his drink: "I am here to drink, not to skate."

------------------------------- The scotch doesn't exist that can't be improved with a splash of drambuie.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett