What to Ask for Christmas?

On 8 Nov 2005 04:41:56 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Jay Pique" quickly quoth:

Now _that's_ a mouthful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. *

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

they have tools for less than $50? damn...

Not really a tool, but I always enjoy additions to my woodworking/turning collection of DVD's.. handy to have in the shop for instruction/motivation/inspiration..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Mon, Nov 7, 2005, 9:42am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (DonkeyHody) mumbled: snip Ideas anyone?

Yes indeed: Boxers WITHOUT bloody damn snips. Pants that don't come up to my armpits. The type of aftershave I actually use. Books I will actually read. T-shirts and socks that actually fit. Videos I will watch more than once. The list goes on, but, just GIVE ME MONEY, so I can buy things I actually want, and will actually use. Merry @#$%ing Christmas.

JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it.

- Red Green

Reply to
J T

Yep, I do something that some folks think is downright shameful on christmas. The best present under the tree is From Lee, To Lee.

It is ALWAYS what I want, it always fits, it never has to be returned and I don't have to write any damn thank you notes!

And for those bleating traditionalists who think I am doing something wrong, I always tell them the same thing. There is some kinda psycobabble out there about how we are supposed to love ourselves more. This is an active act of loving myself. I did this because I am worth it. And I truly appreciate it.

Besides, it is an incredible alternative to the crap that everybody else gives me!

Lee Curmudgeon at large

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Tue, Nov 8, 2005, 3:49pm snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Lee=A0Michaels) knows the real Santa: Besides, it is an incredible alternative to the crap that everybody else gives me!

The Woodworking Gods bless you, for giving, and making a human bean happy. Now, cough up a sacrifice for them.

JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it.

- Red Green

Reply to
J T
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

hello,

how about asking for Harbor Freight gift certificates?

cyrille

Reply to
Cyrille de Brébisson

Just tell them what you just told us and I'm pretty certain you won't have this problem next year.

Bill

Reply to
W Canaday

I own all three. 0-6 digtal. 0-12 dial. 0-24 vernier. The vernier make you think just a moment longer ... and that's not such a bad thing.

Bill

Reply to
W Canaday

Mon, Nov 7, 2005, 9:42am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (DonkeyHody) mumbled:

Yeah, no more clothes! I don't wear many long sleeve shirts but always get them as xmas gifts.

Right on! My sentiments exactly. I'll give 'em a list of things I want. _Please_ don't get anything else for me, especially 99 cent Chiwanese tools.

That said, Mom loved her pierced jewelry for her 80th birthday. It was a Yin/Yang belly button bar and she chickened out and put it on a silver chain. ;)

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yabbet, wait... why is that nice? After your blades are sharp, spiffing up the edge takes all of 20 seconds or so... and no fussing with contraptions.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Tue, Nov 8, 2005, 9:04am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@splinters.comcast.net (mac=A0davis) blushingly admits: collection of DVD's.. handy to have in the shop for instruction/motivation/inspiration..