What is it? Set 517

On 10/31/2013 4:10 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3013 is a seed cleaner.
3015 has got yardage on it. It has to be a flip-up peep site for some weapon with an effective range out to 600yd, ruling out most small shoulder arms (yes, I know crack shots can do that, but most military guys are barely competent with their small arms... <G>)
3018 I think it's just a classroom aid. The lines appear to be made with drafting tape! It looks like a crude mockup of an attitude gyro to me. Could be from an aircraft OR a sub... wouldn't matter much for the style or types of readings you'd get.
Lloyd
Rob H. wrote:

3015 - M4/M16 flat top 200-600 meter BUIS (pop it up if you need iron sights instead of optics)
--
Steve W.

Ayup
--
"Their mommies tell them they're special, Liberals just don't understand
that "special" is a polite euphemism for;

Weaver mounts (as opposed to picatinny mounts.)

windage and elevation.

showing something very similar.

702.htm
Yes, the one on my site is a Matech, part number OGU83.
Rob H. wrote:

Yep, currently the sight fitted to the M4 used in the sandbox. I have the same sight on two of my flat tops.
--
Steve W.

On 10/31/2013 4:10 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3018 is a ball used in a horizon indicator on an airplane or jet. It's mounted in a display cradle.
3015 Sights for a sniper rifle. 3016 microscope (too simple.. you want the specialized purpose which I don't know).
3013 for some farm produce... cleans the earth from the produce... carrots, potatos, onions or something.
--
Jeff

On 10/31/13 4:10 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3013: the u-bolt suggests to me that one would draw it along the axis of the handle to slide the blade under something, then lift the handle to pry.
I've never worked with wood shingles. I wonder if it could have been useful in removing a course of shingles.
On 10/31/2013 7:04 PM, J Burns wrote:

I'm guessing it is something like a flencing knife.
--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard

Blubber axe?
Lloyd

#3014 Tool for "processing" chickens
#3016 Tools for helping to cut gems/jewelry (I see a small sword or knife in the background as a clue)
Bill

3013)    Looks like a device for separating seed from chaff -- perhaps     wheat, perhaps some other grain.
3014)    Sorry -- no guess on this one.
3015)    Hmm ... I think that it is a rear peep sight for a rifle.     The scale on the arc on the left is to adjust elevation for range.
3016)    Well ... first off, a microscope (with some intersting fine focus     knobs, I think.)
    The degrees scale near the bottom suggests that it is for use     with polarized light, which suggests to me that it is likely for     crystallographic purposes.
    The label is rather badly pixellated by the limitations of jpeg     compression, but it looks as though it reads "American     Optical", a long time maker of microscopes.
3017)    At a guess, something intended to rotate a sample of some sort     for inspection or for work on it.
3018)    This appears to be the ball from an ADI (Attitude Director     Indicator) from an aircraft (or a similar one by another name,     including "artificial horizon".
    The ball is held behind a glass in an instrument in the panel.     It rotates around the axis it is shown mounted on to indicate a     dive (black side fills more of the window) or a climb (white     side fills more of the window.) Note the broken words "CLI MB"     in the white half (at about 45 degrees climb angle), and "DI VE"     in the black half, again at 45 degrees dive angle.
    It is also tilted from left to right to indicate tilting of the     aircraft.
    The ADI which I knew in a flight simulator for the LTV A7-A also     had compass directions around the equator, and would also rotate     on that axis as well.
    At a guess -- this was a give-away by a manufacturer of such     instruments, to call attention to their product lines. It would     certainly not be mounted on such a base in a real aircraft     instrument.
    Now to post this and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Thanks for the links, I agree that it's probably not for submarines, though I do think it's for training or display purposes since the ball is around 7" diameter and the one in your last link is about 2" diameter. Also as Lloyd mentioned the tape wouldn't do well in a working device.
They've all been answered correctly this week:
Thanks everybody!
Rob

Rob, this: this is a submarine diving gauge, though a lot of people have suggested that it was probably an altitude indicator ....
No... "ATTITUDE" indicator! <G>
And just a quibble... it's NOT an attitude indicator. It's a demonstration MODEL of an attitude indicator, for teaching and display purposes, but having no function of its own.
Lloyd

Yes, my wording was not the best in this answer, maybe I need to hire an editor. Thanks for the help.
Rob
On 11/1/2013 6:28 PM, Rob H. wrote:

> answer, maybe I need to hire an editor.

Editor Chinesely, work velly cheep! Goodly san. You happy, happy, bling chop now.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That type of "humor" no longer has a place in this world. Even LDS no longer subscribes to this racist crap.

Weellll... some of them do! (we just had an example!)<G>
I'm literally _surrounded_ by them here in Florida Cattle Country.
Despite what I consider to be their odd beliefs in an indigent New Yawker's imagined fancy copper plates 'n such... Other than that, they're just "folks". They're generally more _moral_ than the average run (not all of them, no), but other than that, they vary in behavior, dress, intelligence, and general biases just like the rest of the population.
Lloyd
On 11/2/2013 1:12 PM, Marc Dashevsky wrote:

It never was funny. And there is still way too much of it.
But we can hope.
--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard
On 11/2/2013 1:12 PM, Marc Dashevsky wrote:

Sum ting wong?
On 11/2/2013 5:51 PM, Leon wrote:

No Laf Marc. Man without smiling face must never open shop. Ancient proverb. Need more calgon.
--
.
Christopher A. Young