What is it? Set 411

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

maybe a white cloth goes over it to provide soft-field/omnidirectional lighting...

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

A cloth does go over it but it's not for lighting.

Reply to
Rob H.

Is it an mask for ether?

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Nailed it!

Reply to
Rob H.

2377) Aiming grips and trigger (the knurled surface between the two handles is pressed by either or both thumbs) for a machine gun -- M2, I think.

And I think that this is the remote one which can be used while the weapon is on a low tripod and the operator is standing.

I recently stumbled across this information when looking for an example of the "Manual of Arms" from the period of WW-I. About four days ago, I would not have known this at all.

2378) Perhaps an agricultural sprayer for insecticides? 2379) Looks as though it might be one of the tripod feet from 2377 above. 2380) One of the nicest looking and best made strap wrenches that I have ever seen.

For turning a smooth cylinder without marring it.

2381) A bit small for the first thought of being for boiling corn on the cob.

Perhaps for sterilizing medical instruments by boiling them?

2382) Given its location, I would think that it might be to use water to form a lens to focus illumination (perhaps from a lamp wick or a candle) onto the mirror below the stage of the microscope shown.

O.K. That's all the questions, and all my suggestions.

Now to spell-check this and then post it and go check what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

if 2380 is really a tool for removing oil filters, then there must be some elongation missing. The cord is much too small to surround an oil filter.

2382 i think that the miracleous part is a holder for glas balls, that are used as condensor lens for bright enlightening of the specimen.

greetings from germany Chris

Reply to
Christian Stüben

Perhaps you have not removed many oil filters, many can be quite tight especially if the previous person that put one on did not put oil on the gasket. I have had to destroy some filters to remove them. Leverage is certainly your friend.

Reply to
Leon

bucket by a stove or fireplace.

Reply to
J Burns

They've all been correctly identified this week, the answer page can be seen here:

Rob H.