What dust collectors are really for

Well, I'm still not quitting... Show me something better than poly to put on walking sticks that regularly get poked into sucking, foot-deep mud. Show me something better than pineywood for making cheapo throwaway stuff, like those catapult kits I'm making for the Cub Scouts... Everything has a place.

I don't have any friends, smoking or otherwise. I haven't had any in years.

I do need to quit sooner rather than later, but it sure is easy to keep smoking. I guess I'm waiting for the feds to just ban the goddamn things once and for all.

$403? I'm not sure if I should be floored by that or not. I'm fortunate to have good dental insurance through SWMBO's job. It covers quite a lot.

Reminds me, I need to re-schedule my cleaning. Having to schedule an appointment 6-8 months in advance when you don't even know where you will be two days from now sure is a bitch. I missed every appointment and every rescheduled, rescheduled, rescheduled appointment this year, and never got either of my cleanings.

Why the hell can't dentists be open on Saturday anyway? I'm always off on Saturday.

Reply to
Silvan

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:48:53 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Walking sticks which are covered in poly DESERVE to be stuck into foot-deep mud, sir. And make that 'horizontally', please.

Never happen. They'd lose votes if they stopped propping up the tobacco states while semi-banning them, taxing them, etc.

Insurance? What's that?

The crown was about a grand all told. Yesterday's fee was for 3 small bits of plastic composite for holy teeth. (See, I'm not _entirely_ without religion.) The trips to Eugene were the hard part, several hours of travel up and down couple-thousand foot tall peaks each way, sucking up several tanks of gas each time.

Ah, so you're that guy the songwriter was talking about when he said "...kick old Mr. green teeth in the knee...", eh?

Schedule for 7am. Then they (usually) can't make you wait for hours in the office waiting room behind 6 late clients and 4 drop-ins. BTW, many dentists are open for cleanings on weekends and evenings. Check around and don't feel that ou have to stick with the dental assistant in your dentist's office. It can get really expensive missing several cleanings and inspections in a row as any decay grows. DAMHIKT. (2yrs)

And I keep forgetting to ask the dentist if he has any old burrs. They work great for wood even if he doesn't think they're good for teeth (bone) any more.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Bob S." wrote in news:raQCb.11742$JW3.7097 @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

And that isn't what he said. The original author said - don't expect the "dust collector" to protect your health. If you want your health protected then wear a respirator.

Reply to
Joe Willmann

haven't priced partials or plates yet, have you? it's lots cheaper in the long run to root canal/crown than pull and have to have a partial. damhikt.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Well, depends on the tooth. The ones I have which are most likely to need such treatment are all molars. I have one particularly nasty one that's about 2/3 amalgam, and when that goes, I'm just going to get rid of it.

Reply to
Silvan

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:12:07 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

HELL no. It's tung oil and varnish, silly savage.

Verily!

You need a better dentist/assistant, sir.

========================================================== Save the +

Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, I see you don't have an acerbic comeback for *that* one.

Why would I want to varnish my tongue?

(I will say one thing. I just got done playing a game of chess with my boy, using my original stained pineywood and poly box. (He won. The force is strong in that one, Obi Wan.) This thing has been finished for months now, and it *stinks*. Bleah. It smells like mineral spirits and chemical glop even now. I guess shellac has really spoiled me.)

I dunno, I think today's dentistry professionals are *all* people who decided to enter the field after watching "Little Shop of Horrors."

Reply to
Silvan

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:51:39 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Had I seen it before now, I probably would have. Mustamistit.

Wemembew, it's "tounge" hewe on the Weck.

So REPENT, sinner!

I once had a physical therapist named "Mark". I nicknamed him "Marquis" and once reminded him that my fist was within arm's reach of his crotch should he decide to live up to his name too thoroughly. We'd trade pain if he liked. Oddly enough, he never hurt me (very much) again. ;)