What can I sell these for?

Hiya Folks, Well I'm finally realizing that I just won't be able to build a workshop just now. So it's time to unload the Tablesaw and 6" Jointer. I've replaced both with a cabinet saw and 8" jointer but was hoping to keep both for when I had more space. I need the room in the garage so I'm looking to sell them. What is the collective's opinion on a reasonable asking price? Here are the details: Jet Contractor's saw, JWTS-10JF and is about 4-5 years old. Works like a champ. I've removed the fence but have a ShopFox Bies clone fence in the box ready to go with it. I see Amazon has this saw for $849. Second, a Sunhill 6" Jointer, 3 years old and also in great shape. Both are on homemade mobile bases (nothing fancy). I'm in Albuquerque if that makes any difference. I hate to see them go but I think it's my only option. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

"James \"Cubby\" Culbertson" wrote in news:Hs-dnUIsJbGCO0rZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Instead of giving up on building a workshop, why not make your garage into a workshop? pardon my French, but f__k the cars. They can live outside just fine. I'm sure you don't own a $100,000 Ferrari or Lamborghini. (I'll be damned if our '99 Oldsmobile 88 beats me out of my woodworking hobby!) And if your garage is full of stuff, consider getting rid of the stuff (to charity, to family, friends) or selling the stuff, storing it at a mini-storage place, or perhaps buying a $500 shed kit to store the lawnmower and other junk. You only live once, my friend. Think of all those great projects you can build for family, friends, to sell, etc.. Federal period card tables (my next project -- just saw on New Yankee Workshop), cedar chests, curio cabinets, etc..

Reply to
grappletech

Reply to
Wilson

I'd think you should be able to get at least $500 for the saw and around $250 for the jointer. Good luck.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Used prices depend on the make and the model. They depend on age and care.

Generally speaking, 50% of current list os a good starting point.

Any excessive wear or bad paint will lower the price.

James "Cubby" Culberts> Hiya Folks,

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to
Wilson

Hello,

What I'm curious of (since I've had my eye on that saw) is where are you located?

:-)

Reply to
bremen68

I mentioned it in my OP but it looks like it got snipped. I'm in Albuquerque.

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Thanks Folks! I would really like to keep both but just don't have the space. I think I'll list on whatever free boards there are locally and see what I get. I'll prolly shoot for 50% of original cost on the jointer and more like 75% or so on the table saw especially as it's coming with a brand new fence. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Too bad for me... I'm in PA and that's just a tad far too far. ;-)

Thanks and good luck. You shouldn't have any trouble getting those prices for that equipment.

Reply to
bremen68

In NW Wisconsin, I'd give you $450-500 for the saw. Not sure about the jointer, as I'm not familiar with that one. I'm not in the market for either, but if I were, that's what I'd be willing to pay- others may vary.

Reply to
Prometheus

That jointer is $395 new, with warranty. Plus freight, of course.

'd offer you $250 if I was close to you but I'm 2000 miles away.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

C'mon Edwin, we could meet halfway......

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson