Way off topic

Actually, looking back I see I did miss one part -- the posting I replied to was (attributes were lost earlier)

My response was directed to the 401k portion and I missed the latter portion of the first quote after the "or".

My response did, in fact, agree that one can withdraw 401k monies early in lump sum, only noted that there are potentially seriously economic consequences of doing so prior to reaching age 59-1/2.

This is _so_ OT, I'm retiring (so to speak :) ) from further watching this thread...

--

Reply to
dpb

Believe it or not, an excellent investment is in automatic weapons. An M2 Carbine can be had for as little as $2000 and appreciates in value from ten to twenty percent per year.

If you're REALLY concerned, another investment is ammunition...

Reply to
HeyBub

Even a better investment is a donation to the DNC.

Reply to
Robatoy

That'll make the value of your automatic weapons increase!

I predicted back in April that the GOP will pick up nigh on 200 seats - in addition to what they already have - and each week edges closer to that goal.

For example, just today the Cook Political Report issued this update:

CA-47 Loretta Sanchez Likely D to Lean D FL-02 Allen Boyd Lean D to Toss Up GA-08 Jim Marshall Likely D to Toss Up IA-03 Leonard Boswell Lean D to Toss Up IL-11 Debbie Halvorson Lean D to Toss Up OH-16 John Boccieri Lean D to Toss Up PA-08 Patrick Murphy Lean D to Toss Up PA-10 Chris Carney Likely D to Lean D SD-AL Stephanie Herseth Sandlin Lean D to Toss Up TN-04 Lincoln Davis Likely D to Lean D

That is, take a bunch of seats and move 'em one notch to the right.

But I worry. In 1994, the GOP took over Congress and straightened out the mess. Clinton got credit for the resulting booming economy and got re-elected.

It could happen again.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ya mean they should -expend- the fresh ammo there? That's an investment you can take to the bank!

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Whoa!!!!!!!!!

You got an inside track to the CBC???

Find out when CBC Radio will be bringing back the Mystery Project, please. Twist some arms if needed to speed up the return.

There are a lot of us out here who would love to hear some new episodes of Midnight Cab (my personal favorite), or any of the series,, heck, even new series. A terrific run of high quality shows.

Thanks, Roy, in balmy Houston

Reply to
Roy

I had nothing to do with CBC Radio. I worked out of CBC TV Special Programming. Also, my last gig there was 1990 after a major overhaul of their spending methods left no room for contract people in lower ranks. All in all the CBC has created a plethora of quality programming over the years but now they are so politically correct that you don't stand a chance unless you're a lesbian from Nunuvit.... The place is a mere shadow of its former self and many Canadians are getting really tired of paying for it.

Reply to
Robatoy

Yep, for the past 20 years the only shows I have watched on CBC have been the Mercer Report, and their Olympic coverage, and they didn't even have that this year. Waste of taxpayer money IMHO.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I am sick of the 'in-your-face' LGBDS2xXLMADDOW crowd catering programming to us normal folk. Even their sports programming has gotten weird.

Robatoy