warping cabinet doors

I have been having a bit of trouble lately with some kitchen cabinet doors warping. I used good lumber and kept the doors flat when assembling, but every pair warped just a little. It occurred to me that perhaps it's weather related; is this so?

What's the trick to keep this from happening?

TIA

Peter

Reply to
peter

Peter,

Yes...with this artic air blast we're having, the heat is on more, the air is drier and the moisture is lowered in the wood. I'll bet they're pulling away from the frames - right? The air on the outside is warmer and drier than on the inside of the doors causing it to warp.

They should return to normal if you increase the humidity in the house to about 20% but if you go to high, your windows and walls may frost over.

You did not mention how the cabinets were finished - paint, shellac, poly ? And did you finish the same on both sides?

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.