Wacky furniture

Browsing custom made furniture for inspiration and came across these pieces. These have to be some of the most unusual pieces I have seen to date:

Stoutman

"Stoutman" wrote in news:46619591$0$16712$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

You don't get to California much, do you?

;-)

Remember Gary Knox Bennett on the Craft in America show? He's been innovating for decades, and he's pretty 'mainstream' in the art world.

I'm sure there are a lot of other folks elsewhere, working in similar directions.

It's all good. Mebbe.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Yeah, some of them look like samples of what can be done. Cool.

You may also like these 2 chests,

Leon

Wow. Those are cool. Not sure I'm ready to try making one yet though :)

Reply to
Stoutman

Cool. Sort of Disney-esque.

I always wanted to make a claw and ball foot piece where one of the balls looks like it is rolling away and the leg and foot are reaching out and catching it at the end of the claws. Not my idea, I saw it in FWW I think but great idea.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

If there is a 'feel' of 'flow' I'm all for it. But to design something out-landish, just for the sake of 'different'...well try again.

Where is the style?

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
NuWaveDave

Not even close - mainly assembleges..

check out this "Nutt"y stuff.

for Mr. Bennett's stuff - what a waste of fine wood to say nothing of wasting his exceptional talent. Ladder Back Chair - my, how cute and oh so clever - tee hee.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Nutt's stuff is, immho, brilliant. I love it. A little too organic for my personal use, but brilliant nonetheless. That stuff I like.

Reply to
Robatoy

on bad drugs maybe.

Reply to
Robatoy

Or Dr. Seuss. Rent the video of _The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T_ some time. The prop department had a LOT of fun- made several sets with nary a straight line or right angle.

obQuote: "Yes, it's atomic... VERY atomic."

Reply to
whit3rd

*This* is sharp:

Jeff