Used shellac for the first time - need advice

No one takes the WW stuff off topic more than the miscreants around here, of which you are one. Check out the mirror. You've been confusing me with your pathetic self. Scat.

dave

Steve James wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Pretty soon I hope to have my own land, so I can grow them too. Nearly bought a woodland last year, but rejected it (damn fool) because it was all larch and I couldn't make furniture from them.

Andy Dingley

Bad monkey!

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I get 99% anhydrous isopropyl at printer supply house.

Reply to
Bob Bowles
[Sorry to piggyback here, but Trent's stuff doesn't always show up on my newsreader.]

Well, I haven't cut any trees down, but I've got several mesquite short-logs that I dried out and I cut up into slabs as I need them for various projects. A woman at work was bringing down a beautiful old tree that was getting to be a hazard, and she let me know about it. Unfortunately, the chainsaw guys cut it up into lengths no longer than

4'. But it was a huge old tree:

Mesquite has gotten to be a "boutique wood" down here, and it's d*mn*d expensive. It's also nearly impossible to find thicker than

4/4. So I jumped at the chance to get some slabs for myself. I've gotten some pretty good exercise ripping and dimensioning these boards by hand, but they've made for a couple of nice additions for the home:

Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) Yes, I used *quality* handplanes extensively on those projects. :-)

Reply to
Conan the Librarian