Use your scrap HW flooring for table tops

I have scraps. One of the ones I used (the middle piece) is Brazilian Cherry. The other looks like pine, but honestly I don't know. But my question is *What* on earth could it possibly matter if two of the pieces aren't hardwood???

Perhaps I should have made the subject "Use your scrap HW and pine flooring for table tops." OR perhaps I should have said in the original post some extra words to the effect of "...and saw that I had a inherited a few scraps of HW flooring and something that looks like pine that work perfectly!"

Is this all necessary?

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

more snippery

Is this all necessary?

------------------------------------------------------ Some days it just doesn't pay to post. You hit the jackpot.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

snipped-for-privacy@f42g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

My question precisely.

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

Snip what?

Reply to
Morgans

eh?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

Who's on first?

Reply to
Morgans

That's what I'm asking!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

What?

Reply to
Morgans

What's on second

Reply to
timdrouillard

I don't know!

I love that skit! It has to be first among classic routines.

The sad part is, many people probably have no idea what we are talking about.

Reply to
Morgans

Third base!

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
-MIKE-

For anyone who doesn't:

Reply to
J. Clarke

As long as I'm here among experts, anyone know who really wrote that?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

If you enjoy the skit, you might enjoy reading this!

's_on_First%3FBill

Reply to
Bill

publications, IMHO one of the best comics out there.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitris

That is my name if I'm tellin' the truth. Though there are imposters... : )

I'm just trying to preserve some privacy to protect myself against evil-doers. That, and if I post too much personal information my mom might not let me use the computer anymore.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

You'll know it has an aluminum oxide finish when it throws sparks on the chop saw. VERY hard stuff, dulls even carbide. Expect to burn up one carbide blade per floor installation.

Reply to
Father Haskell

...[shnip]...

For me, neighborcide is rarely a deal breaker, and that's even though I like them all.

A thought formed in me 'ead about the cracks thing. If you're talking about the microbeveling between them, did you consider just filling it all in with poly and calling it a day?

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall