Upcoming Bandsaw Delivery

Well, I just ordered the 17" Bridgewood bandsaw from Wilke the other day and can't wait to get it. I'd been thinking about getting one for a while now and, once I made up my mind which one to get, I had to wait almost 6 weeks for this saw to be available. I have a project waiting for it so the sawdust will be flying as soon as I get it set up.

I paid a little extra for the "lift-gate" service but I still wonder what to expect when they deliver the saw. I have a sloped driveway. It's not very steep but still has a pretty good angle to it. I am hoping that they will be able to back the truck up to the garage and lower the saw directly in front of the entrance. We should be able to shove the saw into the garage from there. For those of you that have had "lift-gate" service, am I expecting too much? I'm halfway expecting that they are going to drop this thing off in the street and take off.......

Thanks,

Woody

Reply to
woodydelsur

Depends. Can the driver back in with a 40' trailer? If not plan on lugging it. Some carriers do us a straight truck for smaller deliveries though. The carrier can tell you what equipment they have.

Keep in mind the driver's responsibility is to get it off the truck. Period. His job is done. Some drivers though, go an extra step to help out. Keep a $10 bill in one pocket, put two fives in the other. Depending on the level of help, grab one, two, or three of the bills to give to him.

If he comes back and helps you assemble it, invite him to say for dinner :) Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

When they "lift-gate'd" my cabinet saw, they brought it off with a pallet jack and put it in the garage right where I asked them to. A lot of it probably depends on the particular driver and just how nice he wants to be . . .

-Verne

Reply to
vrhorton

By the way, how much "extra"?, I hope not a few hundreds?

Reply to
WD

When My Woodtek18" came a few weeks ago, The guy had a pallet jack. He needed a couple extra hands to kepp things steady (the crate/pallet was almost 7' high) and the gate had a little tilt to it.

It took an extra 2 minutes to drag it into the garage with the pallet jack. He had to drop the jack as low as it would go to get it in the 7' garage door.

I think they HAVE to have a pallet jack to move it around the truck. As for the grade of your driveway. It might be tricky alone, but if you're there to help steady things.... it should be no problem.

Reply to
Stephen M

No, not so much. $133 for standard delivery. $144 for lift gate. Seems like a good deal to me....

Woody

Reply to
woodydelsur