Typical Measurements Reference Information?

Hi all,

Perhaps you can help me out. A while back I came across a list of common furniture measurements. Things like typical desk height, chair height, cabinet heights, etc. I'm looking for it now and haveing no luck. I was hoping someone knows what I'm talking about.

Right now I'm interested in bed/matress sizing.

Thanks, Hedley

Reply to
Hedley

boye.lf

I have a few lists like that inside various woodworking/furniture making books - have you tried a google search? I can look something up if you need. I just finished a bed frame, so I know offhand that a queen size mattress is about 60" x 80". Ours is 11" thick, but that varies. Total height to the top of the mattress on my finished piece is about 31", which is fairly high, but not difficult to get into (until I get a little older, I suppose) and LOML likes having storage space underneath the bed. The cleats on the side rails are removeable so total height can change with a new mattress or with changing preferences. One bit of advice - if the mattress is recessed under the rails at all, be sure to leave a little space (1/2" - 1") around all sides so you can reach down enough to tuck in the sheets etc. Mine has 1" on each side, and 2" at the head and foot before hitting the rails. That's plenty of space - I think a tiny bit less would have worked. Hope this helps, Andy

Reply to
Andy

try

none

Oooh...heavy energy. Very un-feng shui. Under the bed is supposed to be clean and clear.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Beautiful.

Reply to
Hedley

Thanks... this is the type thing I was looking for.

And I did do a Yahoo search.

Reply to
Hedley

Thanks... I did try a search to no avail. I'm usually pretty good at coming up with word combos that narrow down what I'm looking for to a few pages of links. On this one, I was all over the place. The guy that responed below you found a site that fits the bill.

Reply to
Hedley

Architectural Graphic Standards. A very expensive book, but has all your information plus much more. Check at your local library.

A less expensive source: Penney's or Sears catalogue, though these have gotten rare. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Rare? Since when? I've got both. Current.

Reply to
CW

I don't know who that Feng Shui (pronounced fung shway) is, but maybe he didn't have nice full extension 500 pound ball bearing drawer slides with an auto-close feature. If he had 'em, he woulda used 'em. ;)

RicodJour