Many weeks ago, some of you may have seen my post describing a chair I dug
from someone's trash. If you missed that one look here.
The following stuff should really be on the above webpage but, for now, I'm
just pressed for time and this way will have to do.
Well, I got the thing back in shape, better than before, several weeks ago
and finally got around to getting some pictures taken.
(Pix 60-70 kb)
I carved a front rung for the chair to replace the lost rung. Kinda art
nouveau it would seem.
FWIW I got that photo drop from e-Bay in an effort to improve my pictures.
I still haven't worked out the massaging I need to do in Photoshop to true
up the color.
The original back splat was made from smaller pieces and the pieces didn't
match well at all. I remade them using some red oak and one may wonder if
this is an improvement.
The whole chair 3/4 view.
The seat was split in several places and in two parts. Some idiot made a
quicky repair by screwing the bottom to a piece of plywood. I rejoined the
bottom and reinforced the bottom with some dutchmen....cutting and
installing these guys was interesting.