Towards precision in routing

If you know any router-hacks, then you may wish to direct them to this page:

I just stumbled upon it in my reading, and thought it was interesting.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Keep your eyes open Bill, Pat posts there quite frequently, he is routerman.

Reply to
Leon

He got me thinking how well a router plate needs to fit into a table in order to avoid "giving the cow away" right there. In fact, if you read enough of his words, (substantiated by some product reviews at Amazon.com), you may sense a feeling on his part that the industry is not really trying it's best to provide customers with the best tools possible. For instance, in developing tools that don't run well upside down (in tables). I observed that the Milwaukee 5625-20 (3.25 HP) seemed to be prominent in this regard.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

When I was looking for a table mounted router, the PC-7518 seemed to be the gold standard. I bought the motor only for a lift. Perhaps it was because the motors are sold separately that they're so popular.

Reply to
krw

I think they are popular because they have a reputation for lasting. At Amazon, the price of the PC-7518 motor is about $30 less than the price of the whole "kit" ($289 vs $319, IIRC). At the time he made his web page, Pat Warner liked the PC-7518 and the Milwaukee 5625. Bosch may have something now too.

Reply to
Bill