todays weather in Atlanta

Yesterday the local weather man was warning those with allergies to beware of the high pollen count. I can't remember all the trees which were the major contributors however elm was one which I have yet to see in this area and the rest were varieties I have seldom heard of let alone seen . I just cannot figure it out, I wonder if its the same elsewhere ....mjh

--

Mike Hide

Of course, he also said it was going to rain today!

Reply to
alexy

Yeah the weather man on Channel 2 in Houston cannot make up his mind. One day he is scared of the mild temperatures, the next he talks about how cold it is. He always refers to so many degrees above normal and the next day so many degrees above normal. First off, in Houston it is normal to have a 30 degree difference in temperature from one day to the next. That is normal. I wish he could figure out the difference between normal temperature and AVERAGE temperature.

10 years ago I suggestion to my son to either become a Weather Forecaster or a Doctor. Low pressure jobs as no one expects them to get it right the first time.
Reply to
Leon

Reply to
jo4hn

It was 76 in Houston today coupled with a lovely 100% humidity....Ahhh winter...

Reply to
Leon

Its raining here in Buford and was raining off and on the whole way home from work in Roswell.

As for the pollen, my car isn't orange yet, so it must not be too bad :)

Rob

Rob Walters

It did, down here on the south side!

Had the top down, had to put it in the garage.

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

car, heck, I don't consider there to be pollen until you see the drifts blowing across the streets!

Reply to
alexy

Missed it all here at the Big Rock. Its kindof misty out there now, but just a very fine mist.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Pollen? You suck! Even the stuff in South Carolina doesn't look like it's going to bloom anytime soon.

Reply to
Silvan

Denver - no snow on the ground. We need it bad. Today's projections have us back in drought conditions. Reservoirs are low with no apparent relief in sight.

Atlanta - thought it was all overrun with Kudzu by now. Didn't know anyone was still living there.

Reply to
mttt

No. We tell all the GDYs moving down here that it is wild lettuce, and they pick it for salads. We keep having to tell them that it is an acquired taste, like grits, so to keep at it.

Reply to
alexy