those big plastic tool cases.....

Reply to
nospambob

I like the way you think! If anyone has an unwanted plastic case for an old 4A (catalog number 6508) Milwaukee Sawzall, I'd like to give it a good home.

Some poor confused soul here in Iowa sent the saw to the landfill but kept the case. Go figure.

Morris Dovey

Geez, my tools are always in their cases cuz they get transported around the state daily :) The cases keep attachments, bits, sandpaper, blades, wrenches, fasteners etc. together in one place. Heck, IMO, it prolongs the life of the tool by keeping it clean, dry, and a little protection from the shock of being bounced around in the back of a truck for hours a day. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I'm with you. I have some cases that fit the tool so well there's only enough room if you put the tool back in exactly as it arrived from the store. That means the cord has to be twisted up exactly the right way, the tool's adjustments have to all be put back to the smallest setting, and forget about the manual fitting back in anywhere. If it meant that I could save that couple of minutes trying to solve the puzzle every time I put it back I'd gladly pay an extra ten dollars for a better case. These design choices are lose-lose in my opinion.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

I hope you guys realize that you are preaching to the choir. I love that my router came with a case with spaces to store bits, but those spaces either get hammered by the other side of the case so it won't close, or have giant gaps so that the bits just fall out and roll around. Yeah, that's why I buy those nice carbide tipped bits, so they can roll around and beat each other up in the damn case!! The wrench has to face to the right as well, if it's to the left, the case won't close.

On the other hand, I can't imagine having my Dremel tool without a case for all the tiny little bits that go with it. That adjustment wrench would be lost permanently otherwise.

Mark

Reply to
Mr. Moose

I recycle all of them, and store my hand power tools in a steel filing cabinet.

Reply to
bob

Yes. Steel file cabinets in the shop are _fantastic_ ways to keep things sorted and out of the way/dust/clutter.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"bob" wrote

Reply to
Rob Mills

It won't be free, but you can probably find either a plastic or old style metal case on ebay. I bought a metal one for the reasons the OP stated, but I passed over several plastic ones. AFAIK, all of the corded Sawzalls are the same size and fit in the same case.

Tom M.

Reply to
tom_murphy

| It won't be free, but you can probably find either a plastic or old | style metal case on ebay. I bought a metal one for the reasons the | OP stated, but I passed over several plastic ones. AFAIK, all of the | corded Sawzalls are the same size and fit in the same case.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Morris Dovey

well I don't know about everyone else but some tools I have more than one or one type of for example I had to check 5 circular saws to find my melamine blade and I keep the ones I don't use in there cases My shop is in a unfinished garage so the walls are covered with peg board to 12 in below the top plate I have shelfs above that all the way around the garage which gives me plenty of room to store books router craftier hand miter boxes and my tool cases since the isn't a ceiling just open rafters but the cases are needed when you have to transport them and you always know where there at with out having to move all the others

Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

The outfit that sold me mine had a bunch of the metal cases. I could probably dig up their info if you want. Let me know.

Tom M.

Reply to
tom_murphy

| Morris Dovey wrote: || tom snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (in || snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com) said: || ||| It won't be free, but you can probably find either a plastic or ||| old style metal case on ebay. I bought a metal one for the ||| reasons the OP stated, but I passed over several plastic ones. ||| AFAIK, all of the corded Sawzalls are the same size and fit in ||| the same case. || || Thanks! I'll check it out. || | The outfit that sold me mine had a bunch of the metal cases. I could | probably dig up their info if you want. Let me know.

Tom...

Yes - please do. Thanks!

Morris Dovey